Exhaust to suit westfield

dhutch

I think im a bit loud for trackdays and have one booked for the 20th so am looking at options for replacing the silencer to get below 105db.

Just somthing/anything to fit onto a 2inch pipe with a straight through perf pipe and a bit more wadding left in it than my current one.

Doesnt have to by tidy at all if its cheap, otherwise im open to offers on anything else at all.

Photo of the current install, which clearly has no filling left at all and only 4inch OD. But very stanard sort of layout.

- Been looking on ebay/locostbuilders/etc but yet to see anything suitable!

dscn5188.jpg

Daniel

• 1 month later...

Last call before i put it on the wish list to santa.

I tested 110dB at the snett trackday with the current can and had to mess about with wirewool up the tail pipe to get it down to even 105. So clearly a long way from passing a 101 or 96db day as it stands.

Im invisaging something around the 6" diameter, 600mm long sort of mark, 2 inch straight through with a perf tube, stainless or alumium outer can and stainless ends. Which if nothing comes up here might end up being a Paul Gooderham can.

Some people have mentioned having a small (150mm ish) open section expantion at the front of the can before perf section starts. Dont know peoples thoughts on this?

Daniel

Have a look on car builder solutions, they seem to have some reasonably priced silencers.

Yeah, just a case of how large i want it really i think now.

- Im also (rightly or wrongly) quite drawn to the brushed stainless look of the gooderham cans to rather than all this polish blingy bling although i dont know how long it would last like that.

I dont know how feasable it is but although i do like the sound of the car im wouldnt mind aiming to be quiet enough for a 96db limit trackday and just be rock solid about passing a 101 or 105 day because theres just no fun it a**ing about half the morning passing noise test and then having to give your passenger ear protection everytime you go on the motorway.

I was thinking of specing prehaps 6inch * 600mm stright through perf with decent packing?

http://www.paulgooderham.co.uk/exhaustcans.html

westfieldex.jpg

canend.jpg

Daniel

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.