WANTED LOTUS ELAN 1960'S/70'S

Mark B

Due to being let down by a friend, I am on the lookout for a 60's/70's Lotus Elan (S1 -S4).

I want one to restore and modernise (with a zetec engine) as a long term project and will consider anything from a running car to a basket case.

If anyone has one that they're thinking of selling, or knows of one would they please let me know by pm, email me at mbaileywscc-ao@hotmail.co.uk or phone 07778 586741.

Thanks,  :t-up:

Mark.

you have mail wuv

Like an nice S3 DHC:

lotus2.jpg

Sorry not for sale however. Nice excuse to post picture (again) though :cool:

Anyway, as you can see ( :blush: ) I have one and would be pleased to help if I can. The Zetec is much easier to fit into the +2 rather than the 2 seater but I believe it can be done. You need to start with a Spyder chassis. Do you know all about doing this already? If so I'll shut up. There is a lot of good info on this forum.

www.lotuselan.net

Cheers.

Keith.

he knows shut up  :laugh:  ;)

There's a 26R chassis and bits on Blatchat for sale

Like an nice S3 DHC:

lotus2.jpg

Sorry not for sale however. Nice excuse to post picture (again) though :cool:

Anyway, as you can see ( :blush: ) I have one and would be pleased to help if I can. The Zetec is much easier to fit into the +2 rather than the 2 seater but I believe it can be done. You need to start with a Spyder chassis. Do you know all about doing this already? If so I'll shut up. There is a lot of good info on this forum.

www.lotuselan.net

Cheers.

Keith.

Hi Keith, thanks for the info but yes I know what I'm getting into etc, a zetec will fit in a standard chassis but I'd prefer to use the spyder chassis so I can use their driveshaft & suspension systems etc...

I saw yours a while ago on your website, looks nice & if you decide to sell please let me know!

John, will have a look on splatchat, ta....  :oops:

You could try Lotus Bits here:

Lotus Bits

Mike Taylor (owner) is a helpful chap and might be able to point you in the direction of what you want, if he can't sell you something himself. He's also likely to have any bits you need.

Rich

Cheers Rich, will get in touch with Mike, although it looks like he is mainly into esprits and excels from his website.....

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.