• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nomexnomad

• markcoopers

• housebeautician

• Matt Seabrook

[newbie]So what's the deal with type of show if I turn up in the Westie?

Is there a Joe Public's Kitcar area, seperate from the main car park? I presume there is some point in taking your own kitcar?? or does it just end up being left in the carpark whilst you wander around the show?

Sorry for the stupid question!

At Detling this year (which was organised by the same people) the driver of kit cars would get in for free but their passengers would pay.  

All the kit cars were marshalled to an area adjacent to the exhibition halls as opposed to the joe public car park which was miles away.  Each of the car clubs then had a sign board up (clicky) so all the same manufacturers parked together and there was marshalls on hand to point you in the right direction and make sure you didn't run anybody over.

Great, thank you :)

ETA: but my car is going to be filthy after the 2.5hr drive :0

And I hope no one will be expecting me to hear anything above the ringing in my ears  :laugh: (might have to dig out the ear defenders)

I will be the AO on the stand without an AO shirt :D

OMG  :D  That'll keep people away!

As long as its only you that keeps away that will be just fine :D  :devil:  :p

This is one of the best kit car shows on the calendar and I have been for the last 2 years but infortunately I can't make it this year. Enjoy!

Buzz

ETA: but my car is going to be filthy after the 2.5hr drive
Good luck Ed I'm setting off about 3pm on friday hope to get there for about 6pm.. so be warm in the knowledge your not alone......

This is one of the best kit car shows on the calendar and I have been for the last 2 years but infortunately I can't make it this year. Enjoy!

Buzz

Pity its not more centrally placed  :down:

Right i've packed

Eeze up

Flaggs

Banner

Stu999's tie wraps :D  :p  :D

Chairs

Table

WW Mags

car cleaning stuff

pants

I have Matt's, Tony's and Stu's mobile and the tickets etc.

ED, at Exeter there is a collective Kit car area, not divisable into different types, but you will indeed get in free if in your Westfield.

The show opens at 10.00am for the public.

As a last ditch effort, we have Stu's car for the weekend, but is there anyone else who wants to put their car on? In essence if you can get it to us by 9.00am on the sat or Sun morning we can get it on the stand.

If so, my mobile is 0797 3326642 or 07900817745. I will not be checking this site for a while now.

See you all soon.

Matt, thanks for the email the other day. If there's no rain on the day I'll meet up for the convoy.

Sorry Neil you would be in a convey of one as you are the only person that expressed and interest on going up on Sunday. Hope to see you there mate.

Am I first to post of the WSCC lot who went today?

No, I didn't get home in double quick time, currently stood on the side of the M4 waiting for the RAC in the p*****g rain  :0  b****y fanbelt! Come to think of it, it was squeaking a bit earlier today... Wave as you come past if you see me :)

Good show and nice to see some current and some new faces. Hope to see you all again in 2010

Hi chaps

I enjoyed the show and it was nice to put faces to the names.

i didnt enjoy the four and three quarter hour ride home on the m4 though.

Ed apologies to you for not stopping,i did see you right at the last moment tucked

up right on the edge of the embankment. ( i did have my boot down in outside lane) the rac was with you, had he not i would have come back. hope it was a simple fix.  You will eventually iron out the bits and pieces  :D

stu hope you didnt get to wet on the way home and dont forget to let mike have a go when he passes his test ;)

cheers     tony

I enjoyed the show too. Some interesting cars amongst the stands and some bargains to be had. It was good to see a few faces from the board as well.

I'm not sure how I managed to stay dry on the way home - or out of the central reservation (The roads felt greasy as f**k) but it was an enjoyable drive.

Hi chaps

I enjoyed the show and it was nice to put faces to the names.

i didnt enjoy the four and three quarter hour ride home on the m4 though.

Ed apologies to you for not stopping,i did see you right at the last moment tucked

up right on the edge of the embankment. ( i did have my boot down in outside lane) the rac was with you, had he not i would have come back. hope it was a simple fix.  You will eventually iron out the bits and pieces  :D

stu hope you didnt get to wet on the way home and dont forget to let mike have a go when he passes his test ;)

cheers     tony

Ha, I bet you had a bit of a grin as you went passed? ;) Were you the one who veered over to hit me with the puddle? Only kidding, I don't think I could have got any wetter anyway :p I'm surprised you saw me to be honest. It was a s***ty night and road was pretty busy.

Luckily my RAC membership was still valid, wasn't sure if it was to be honest :durr:

The alternator had come loose and fan belt broke. RAC got me fixed on the roadside... was looking forward to a cosy ride in a recovery lorry, no such luck  :D  It didn't help that it took 10 minutes to get the RAC van out of the mud after the car was fixed  :D

I'd heard a tiny occasional squeak from the belt before I set off. But by that time I was strapped in and going down the road so I thought, 'sod it, it can wait until the weekend'. That'll learn me ;)

It was great to meet everyone. Stu's car looked great on the stand. Lovely colour, but I think you'll find red is faster? :p  (I think I'm on a losing battle with that one :p).