We've ordered an XTR2 !!!

Ian Gratton

Hi there,

This is my first post with the westfield club.

This is just a quick note to tell you all that myself and good friend Craig have just 3 weeks left to go before our XTR2 kit is available for collection :D

westfieldxtr2.jpg

Its going to be very exciting as its the first time either of us have built a car from the ground up.  After seeing the car in the flesh at the factory and autosport show we just couldn't resist.

Craig and I will have an on-line diary documenting the build process (which will hopefully go smoothly - yeah right ;) )

We both come from a background of running modified subaru imprezas as trackday toys over the last 3 years (I run a slightly modified P1 - Craig ran a 380bhp STI V). This is going to be extremely interesting  in terms of both adapting to Mid/RWD from the safety of 4WD and the lightweight and nimble handling of the westie.

We'll give you more information as and when it becomes available.

If anyone has any hints and tips for the build process they would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck with your build  ;)  keep us informed cos there'll surely be a few more "newbies" wanting some build comments and help on those dark cold winter garage nights  ;)  :D  :)

Hi Ian, if this rate of migratrion continues Westfield & Subaru will have to join together :D  Be good to hear how you both get on, it will be ever so slightly different to your P1.

Yeah - I imagine it will be :D

I've driven c******m superlights before so I'm hoping the handling will be something pretty similar - Cornering speeds should be in another world.

Ian

Yeah - I imagine it will be :D

I've driven c******m superlights before so I'm hoping the handling will be something pretty similar - Cornering speeds should be in another world.

Ian

Gratto!  Is that you!  Never thought you'd get SO into fast cars as to build an XTR2!!!  Good luck mate!

I sold the TVR and I'm currently building a Stuart Taylor Loco with a Kawasaki ZX9R engine.

Let me know what you're up to.

Alex (Crisp etc.)

MR Roebuck !!!

long time no see m8....

Yep,

I've owned 3 scooby turbos since I last spoke to you :)

I am hooked on fast cars - I regular have access to quite a few speedy motors these days ;)

Stay in touch won't you.

ps: You STILL haven't returned my CD from 5 years ago you b******* ;) - have you still got it cos its deleted now and you can't get it anywhere :(

Fancy sending it back m8 ???

I've moved so mail me off-line for the new address - I'll even pay the packing - can't say fairer than that :)

Ian.

Just a quick update.

We've been trying to determine which colour to paint the XTR2.  So far we've come up with orange.  This image is one of the orginal westfield promotional images that has been retouched using Adobe Photoshop by a good friend of ours.

Your comments...

xtr2_orange.jpg

Wow, suits it better than silver.......very nice looking - you might want to assume the nickname 'Jaffa'  :D  :D  :D

Purple is of course, the only colour!

Good luck with the build, I look forward to seeing what these go like on track as it strikes me as an interesting future project when I've paid my debts on the current voitures les Juan.

• 2 weeks later...

Yippee !!!

We get the kit a week on saturday - until then I'll be spending a bit of time building the actual website we are going to use for our build diary.

We intend to turn this into a site totally dedicated to the XTR2 - maybe even westfield will be interested as we are the first non-racing customer for the car :)

I will publish a URL before next friday.

http://www.xtr2.net should come on-line over the next few days.

Its going to host our build diary but we've built the site in such a way as it will become an entire web resourse for XTR² owners.

Guess it kinda helps I work with computers ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ian, Craig

Glad you like the picture - I gather Westfield now have an orange car too?  :D

I took an STI VII for a test drive this morning and didn't rate it that highly, so I'm thinking about keeping my current car (MY00 scooby) and getting a Westie or c******m (does the bbs bleep that out?) for the few sunny days a year when I fancy a bit of unrefined, raw excitement.

Lots of research still to do, but I'll be following your xtr2 site with interest  :)

Andy.