Quick Shift

spyderman

Hi

Ive just collected a 2L Zetec and am having some work done on it and am thinking of having a quick shift fitted.

I will be using the car for road use with some track days, sprints and hillclimbs thrown in.

On driving the car home i found the gear shift a little sloppy (The gear knob seamed to twist from side to side) which made things feel a bit odd.

While i suppose i could fit another knob i was woundering if anybody has experienced both shifters????

:sheep:

I have a quick shift on my type 9 box, and it does make a noticable difference.  It's the icing on the cake when you use a straight cut, close ratio box.

Ditto all that!

Got an MT75 with Westfield quickshift - much better than standard. Go for it.

RS

I added the Quaife quickshift to my Type 9 gear box and it made a huge difference to the shift quality.  I bought the model designed for the c******m (it's angled back a bit to give added knuckle clearance between the shifter and dashboard) assuming it would be a direct bolt-in, but it did require some machining around the collar to fit Westfield's mounting bracket.  

-John