• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Bike engined single seater

peterg

Everything to do with me  :p iles_UK?hash=item3ca6016d3a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14" target="_blank">clicky  :cool:  :t-up:

• 2 weeks later...

Not 100% sure yet, was going to be an S1 Elise but I'm gradually swaying towards a VX220, only problem is that to get a turbo (which nearly everyone says I should) for £9k it's going to be a Cat D car so I need to do a lot of research and get it checked out thoroughly -

I already have someone on the case as one I'm looking into is oop north (Preston) ;)

Elise S1 is the way to go :-) Vx220 is a great car, especially in the Turbo form. But there is much more support for the Lotus badged cars and loads more upgrades too.

My S1 has 160 BHP, thats just cams, free flow filter and a remap...

Audi engine comes next with 270 horses....

Seloc a good place to start trawling through...

Seloc

Good hunting...

Haha, been on SELOC for a while now...

However, I've been to see a couple of cars in the last month  a rather er, well used 2000 silver S1 111S with a Sabreheads tuned engine circa 170bhp and a standard 2001 Rabiata Red N/A VX220 and to be honest in many ways I preferred the VX  :oops:

I have a very kind mate looking at a 2003 N/A black VX220 tomorrow for me as it's 300 miles away from my home so if that checks out I may be heading way up north this weekend  :t-up:

Oh, and Courtenay do a supercharger kit for the N/A models now so if I get bored with 144bhp plus some induction and exhaust mods I can always do that  :D

Hi Pete a bit late but glad you got the motor sold and sorted with a VX. I have 5 close mates (Scott Beeland, kirk 1.6,Mike Dixon, Richard Belfield and Muttley Boy)that have gone to VX's from Westfields and they are all happy with their purchases. If fact Mike Dixon runs a tuning company dedicated to these cars as well as the lotus elise etc. Thats Mike Dixon of UK eyewear fame

Enjoy your new wheels bud

Buzz

:sheep:  thanks Buzz, I am flying up to Newcastle to collect it on Saturday morning so hope the weather stays fine for the long drive back so I can take the top off  :cool:  :D

call past on yer way back slow boy  :t-up:

:sheep:  thanks Buzz, I am flying up to Newcastle to collect it on Saturday morning so hope the weather stays fine for the long drive back so I can take the top off  :cool:  :D

I would've offered a PNB in Derby on way back but we're away this weekend.......

Glad you've sorted something, hope it pleases you.

Same as Kerry  We're away this weekend otherwise you could have come for lunch it would have helped break the journey. Enjoy. You'll love the drive back thats for sure!!

Buzz

I see, I announce I'll be driving around up north on Saturday and all of you immediately 'make other plans'  :suspect:  ???  :D

You wont like it Pete  :laugh:

PS - I am out this weekend

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.