Caterham Vs Westie

catflap

CatFlap - Power of the Cossie is around the 200bhp mark and the Vx is about 180bhp.  If you click on the links in the above posts they'll take you to the two Pistonheads pages I have that detail what they've been costing me (I need to put a few more pictures of the Vx up soon).  The Purple one is a bit scary spend-wise but it includes things like a trailer, spare sets of wheels and tyres.  Not to mention the odd uneccessary purchase (learning the expensive way).  With what we've learned from that one the green Vx upgrade plan should be a lot easier and cheaper.

Though a word of warning, if you're after cars like this you've got to be patient.  I reckon that we looked for around 6 months before we found the right car for both of the above.  But they do come around.

SEiGHT - This is Cleggy's machine of choice.  Generally I think it's the noise, torque and power that does it for him.  Also he is firmly of the belief that 6 is the minimum number of cylinders that any car should have!  What I've gathered about them is that they are heavier (obviously) but can be made to go like ballistic missiles.  But if track use is your main use for the car, you'll probably be better with a Vx.

Blatman - Purple:  You know you want to!