Air Filter replacement....

Edo

Ok, so the filter is a bit mangled on the edge where it catches the bonnet (on being taken off and on). It is a single unit that clips (3 along the top) over the carbs. It is an ITC 50.

Blatman saw it this morning so may be able to describe it more elequently than me!

Looked at Demon-Tweeks, but cannot work out if the K&N's would fit easily using the 3 existing attachments - any suggestions?? :durr:

Edo, I am guestimating that you have twin Webers? The K&N's simply bolt on to where the ram pipes attach, probably where the base plate of your existing filter is bolted to now in fact.  :D  :D  :D

Stu

I think they are Dellortos (sp?!;)... I need to have a looksee in more detail.. The current filter connects by three hand screw devices - one at each end, and one in the middle.. You can just see it in my Avatar pic..

Spellings right! Basically the same thing though, at the mo fif you undo the three thumb screws you will be left with exposed ram pipes and a base plate affixed across both carbs? To fit K&Ns you will need to remove this plate too, they fix on where this plate is currently attached.  :t-up:

Stu

Plays Kool (see the links page) amongst others stock ITG filters and I'm sure Paul can sort you out with the correct one for your car  :p

Pipercross also do filters that use three 1/4 turn attachments to a backplate.....

Thanks Stu - if I go for K&N's do I need to add anything instead of the ITG base plate? Currently since I have a hole, I am also keen for something that sticks out and fills the gap better!

Edo

First trip in a car with sidescreens, and he breaks it.... :0  :D

Were you resting your feet on the end of the passenger footwell when we were out, Ed? If so, I know what the problem is...............

Phew...............

Er might have done! - what's down there then??!!

Screens have arrived, but they didn't send the female bit for the screen... they are sending some in the post

What's down there? The battery......apparently if you brace yourself on the plate holding the battery, this particular fault manifests itself (or so says chief mechanic Blatgirl! ). Apparently it happened once when she was doing just this on a trip somewhere. I'd forgotten this, but I guess I moaned at her so she remembers :0  Sorry dear :love:

I couldn't get it to hesitate again on my way to work, despite extreme provocation ;)

Edo, you can get K&Ns in varying depths and the baseplate comes as part of the filter (its like the lid, only with the holes already pre-drilled for your ram-pipes to go through and bolt up. You then fit the elements, which are then held in place by the lids, and the whole filter is clamped together by bolts and nuts which run through the centre of the filter. If you do get some, all will become obvious.There is also a K&N available which is similar to the one you have now, but I have only ever seen it used for racing (one big filter as opposed to 2)       :t-up:

Me again Edo. Have a look on the CVH thread. Agood picture of Captain Colonials Westie with K&Ns. Tese are the shallow depth by the look of it though. You can get them three times that depth..... :cool:

Stu

Correct, they are the shallow ones...

WenchCVH.jpg

AFAIK K&N do 102mm, some of their competition 94mm

Should suffice for most trumpets.  I'm going to try out the weber ones as carb flames put paid to my piper-x foam :(