DJ single seater

peterg

DJ Racecars first ever chassis (number DJ001/ADS1)

This was the first car developed by Del Quigley of DJ Racecars (who now build the very successful DJ Firehawk) and was the original ‘works’ car driven by Mark Budgett to FTDs and class wins in its first season.

Engine is a TTS built and tuned Suzuki GSXR1100WP, price includes 2 sets of 3-piece Image wheels (1 set slicks, 1 set wets) and some spare bodywork, quicklift jacks etc.

I’ve owned this car since 2002 and have scored several class wins including events at Shelsley Walsh and Curborough. I ran it at the Brighton Speed Trials with a ¼ mile best time of 11.68secs @ 121mph.

Reason for sale is I don’t have time to compete anymore.  :t-up:

Open to offers over £7k   :t-up:

Oh, and just in case non-members are interested, email me : petergwestie '@' hotmail 'DOT' com   :t-up:

d810a57d4d768207b28329bfe01c2da7.jpg

For anyone looking to move into single seaters or even upgrade to a faster car, this would be an excellent car. Del has always built some very lightweight and fast cars. I had the later Firehawk version which still holds 13 British Sprint track records in the 1600cc class.

In the right hands this car should be well capable of getting some of the 1100cc records. :D:D

If only I could afford a season of running it....that would be a major life box ticked

A seasons running would be pretty cheap Scott. 1 set of tyres should do and provided you don't bend it, no more cost than running a westie. DJ are also pretty reasonable on spares costs.

Scott, this car comes with a set of barely worn slicks, a spare set (unmounted) of older slicks that I used for Mira (as it is very abrasive) with no probs plus a set of supersoft slicks cut with a chevron pattern which I've used as my 'wets' since I bought the car  :t-up:

Apart from the event entry and travelling costs (which you'd have with any car) the only cost is an engine oil and filter change. It's so light that it doesn't use pads and disks either  ;)

It only weighs 340kgs (without me of course) so is light on its bits and the engine has proved bulletproof.  :D

There is Racelogic traction control fitted which also has a flatshifter facility for clutchless upshifts  :cool:

It's on the button and easy to operate single-handed, no crew needed  :t-up:  :D

Price reduced after looking around at others, although they don't have so many spares but are a little newer.

Don't forget, this is a spaceframe chassis so no expensive carbon tub to replace if you do crash it, in fact it'd be no more hassle than repairing a Westfield possibly easier  :D

Ring, PM or email me for a full spec, it's all set up and ready to race  :cool:

Right, it's got to go as I need the space...  :t-up:

I'm open to offers close to £8,000 with all the spares, quicklift jacks etc

Trailer available for extra cost if required  ;)

If I had the spare cash I would be knocking on your door

• 4 weeks later...

Yipee

Has Algar finally bought it then.

Thank god for that. Reading the ad was getting a bit like watching Dave on Sky  :laugh:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.