wrIs it possible?

s2k7

A friend is interested buying someone's 7. The engine is Vauxhall 2.3 litres (94mm stroke and 90mm bore) Has alloy block, tuned by QED. Has 10.4 cr. He claimed the engine developed 300 wrhp (aspirated).

Is 300 net hp really possible/attainable ?

Thanks

You can certainly get just about 300bhp out of a 2litre Vx (Swindon did it for the touring cars and I know of one or two built for Caterhams) ... 2.3litres would make it more than possible  :t-up:

10.4 to 1 cr and a stroke of 94mm would suggest this figure is optimistic.

It should certainly be a torquey engine and I would make an estimate in real life of closer to 200 lbft and 285 bhp if taken on a calibrated engine dyno by an independant engine tester.

Agreed with Ash compression seems a little low for claimed power. Its also closer to 2.4 than 2.3 at 2379cc

by the way are Swindon still trading?

Thats good a link I tried was bust. Dont like seeing firms go to the wall

No one said 300+ wasn't possible from a 2.4 engine mate although I feel to get 345bhp from a 2.5 long stroke engine is pushing it a bit on pump fuel.

He built a 2.0L XE which did 315Bhp not so long ago - but it was absolutely on the ragged edge - it couldn't be used for rallying.

My mate with the 319Bhp 2.4L has the 345Bhp 2.5 on order now so will let you know how long it lasts LOL. JRE are doing them for £25k which I believe makes them about £7k - £8k cheaper than the equivilent Millington.

He built a 2.0L XE which did 315Bhp not so long ago

Well, I'd believe that figure

if taken on a calibrated engine dyno by an independant engine tester

:t-up:  ;)

As long as he has a long line of people willing to believe the BHP he will have a list of customers. Like I said earlier if its on pump fuel I cant see that its possible.

My engine will make 300ish bhp with 10% methanol

Think 300's about the limit for a 2.0XE, maybe running it on methonol then it's possible ???

Be interesting to see a power plot, i bet the power comes in at about 6.5K :)

As long as he has a long line of people willing to believe the BHP he will have a list of customers. Like I said earlier if its on pump fuel I cant see that its possible.

My engine will make 300ish bhp with 10% methanol

I kinda agree with Matt.

Attaining 300 or more in aspirated, the compression must be at the 12.

Most are fictions.