• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Video camera stands

Midds

Camera stands:

Where do I buy a mounting arm for a video camera, it is to be attached to a roll cage and should be firm enough to hold the camera rigid for good picture.

Thanks

Midds

Be careful - the vibration may damage your camcorder as they are pretty delicate. Dont confuse the function of the image stabilizer with that of a 'vibration preventer'

A better bet is to get a bullet cam assuming your camcorder has analogue inputs (the majority dont unfortunately) and then wrap the camcorder in bubblewrap or similar.

For Bullet cams go to RF Concepts http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/helmet_cameras.htm

For camera Mounts try B-Hauge http://www.b-hague.co.uk/Mounting%20Brackets.htm

theres also a good thread  on blatchat about much the same thing. They may not drive the same cars but a camcorder is a camcorder no matter what you mount it onto.

B-hague in Nottingham do reasonably priced clamps and arms (I used one at Mallory). Search on the internet for, funnily enough, "B-hague".

However, just in case you don't know, Octagon (who own a few tracks) don't allow videocams ("stabards!!!"), so you won't be able to use it universally.

Dic Riggle bought one too, so we're both NAWCJASC (I'm assuming this is still true in RD's case).

NAWCJASC

I'm sure what that means!!!

I trust it isn't rude.

If you want a B-hague - I'll sell you mine for £40 - it has never been used apart from a quick trip round the block.

Dic Riggle!!!!

Dic Riggle!!!!

...hook, line and sinker (what the devil's a "sinker"?)

Ok you've confused me again Peter

what the devil ?

What the Flibertygib?

The sinker is the bit that makes the hook and line sink!