Westfield Sport Carbon

wolfheze

If you know anyone that wants a restored 1977 suzuki AP50 let me know!

Oooh, oooh, tell me more! History, pics, the asking price etc...

Hi stu, Bike is a 1977 blue ap50, I bought it from a work colleague in i think 02, spent the next 18 months restoring it.

All the chrome bits  were replaced with nos parts or rechromed where possible, mirrors indicator shells and pillion footrests are repro as i couldnt get genuine ones at the time. Paintwork was done by myself (dont worry i do it for a living!) and had new stickers and tank badges put on. I did make one modern concession and fitted some super soft michelin racing tyres  (somebody must race them!)

The engine was  rebuilt by Alf england motorcycles in Bedworth and had piston, rings, new bearings  (including big end) and seals. I had the bike on the road for a year before putting it on a sorn for a few years although it was run every 3 months. Last month i decided to put it back on the road with intention of using it and maybe selling it if i had the right offer. I will try later to get some photos on here later but might take some time cos I am hopeless with these computer things!

Seem to be fetching around 1700 on ebay which is considerably less than fizzers in the same condition, strange when you consider the AP was superior in every way ! ! !  

Didn't the Sport Carbon come with a carbon fibre nose cone and a serial no. plaque on the dash?

Think early ones did and a slightly tuned engine but later ones were a bit more standard...

P.S. this is wayyyy toooo cheap

carbon nose cone was standard and a scholar tuned motor . I dont know about a numbered plaque though  ???

the date is about right , sounds like good value to me

The carbon nose was an option, the main standard equipment was carbon rear wheel arch protectors ,front cycle wings and a carbon effect gear knob, jenvey throttle bodies removable steering wheel the plaque was fixed to the dash, mines number 6 of 25 and will be for sale in a couple of weeks when i return from my hols.  :D  :D  :D

Thanks for that post, your absolutely right in your summary of the sport carbon model, should clear up all the speculation of what my car should and shouldnt have! My fault for not making a more comprehensive list.

had a look at the original order form today, the car cost

16.5k in 2000 with just the q/d steering wheel listed as an option. mine is number 14 out of 25.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.