my car for sale

jackdaw

20 plus emails some calls, but still not one viewer,

My VX has not gone on sale yet (few minor jobs to sort before it goes up)....but can I come have a provisional look at the car  when we can organise a mutual free day?

thanks again for the kind comments guys

thought i had priced it right for an easy, quick sale :(

sure the first to see it will buy. I guess the weather, credit crunch, holidays are all against me wont be able to

go much cheaper, so looks like it may be staying where it is.  doesnt seem to be much else moving either.

Just been pointed to a thread on locost builders about it, maybe i should put the turbo back on.

Have you thought that you have under priced the car which will make potential buyers wonder what's wrong with it.

When I read the spec, especially with a YB I expected the price to be nearer £15K.

If you check your add in Pistonheads there is a 2004 SEiW 1800 Zetec for £9,995 that has sold.

Just a thought, and good luck.

Tubs.

sure the first to see it will buy. I guess the weather, credit crunch, holidays are all against me wont be able to

go much cheaper, so looks like it may be staying where it is.  doesnt seem to be much else moving either.

Just been pointed to a thread on locost builders about it, maybe i should put the turbo back on.

Have you thought that you have under priced the car which will make potential buyers wonder what's wrong with it.

When I read the spec, especially with a YB I expected the price to be nearer £15K.

If you check your add in Pistonheads there is a 2004 SEiW 1800 Zetec for £9,995 that has sold.

Tubs.

Go along with that....but only cos i am not in the market for another Westy at the moment :p

That's one hi-spec car and a bargain at that asking price.

I'm amazed no-one's snapped it up.

Dave

Tubs.

Go along with that....but only cos i am not in the market for another Westy at the moment :p

Had'nt thought of the car being under priced and admit to being a bit suprised that the other car sold so easily, although windscreen, carpets, module build and non q plate apeal to different people, also it does look a nice car.

Dont see that many cossies come up for sale so difficult for me to price accurately, i did post for advice here, reply from fellow cossie owner was £10/11k which was around what i was expecting.

Other than newer factory built cars there does'nt seem to be many westfields fetching more than

£10k,  wanted to stay away from caterham and duratech engined car prices so decided to price just under £10k, as previously stated expecting an easy sale.

Noticed the cosworth turbo car on ebay, the owner posts on here did'nt make the £8k reserve, it realy is difficult times to be a seller of anything.

Still love the car, if i had the money and another garage it would'nt be going anywhere, but lately i spend more time looking at it than i do driving it, so decided to scratch an elise itch that i've had for a while.

Took the car to paul matty sports cars to see about part exchange offered £7.5k which was kind of expected ,you woud'nt believe how many offers around £6k i've had, dreamers. :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :angry:

The car is know priced very very close to the minimum i require to do what i want, but i will make a special offer to wscc member how does £14k sound :D  :D.

Car now sold deposit taken, lovely couple from telford just bagged a bargin i think hope they get as much fun and enjoyment from it as i have, they should be in touch with the club soon.

thanks again for all the help and kind comments recieved while selling, had a great six years of ownership, moving on but still plan to hang around here.

Tony

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.