Cleggy's Spyder Rebuild 17 07 09

Cleggy the Spyder Man

about 3.65m - you got one lined up?

spaghetti junction  :laugh:

next to the plug called A*** grind  :laugh:

WANTED -

not happy with the linkage rod on the pedal - after getting it all sorted and setup I gave it a few shuvs with me foot and it all sounds a bit clonky and crap feeling

so am on the lookout for a throttle linkage with ball joints - any length will do

anybody got anything kicking around?

WANTED -

not happy with the linkage rod on the pedal - after getting it all sorted and setup I gave it a few shuvs with me foot and it all sounds a bit clonky and crap feeling

so am on the lookout for a throttle linkage with ball joints - any length will do

anybody got anything kicking around?

Pop round one night in the week m8 got some bits here that will probably do you!

Im going to have shares in this car by the time its finished  ;)  :p

bloomin heck  - Dave comes to the rescue again  :t-up:

I reckon at least the first ride out and a loan out for special events :laugh:

popped around Dave's tonight to pick up a couple of m5 ball joints - super job - got em fitted real quick tonight withn a few modifications - much better feel now  :t-up:  

SANY0142.jpg

also had a call from Trev tonight who has now finished up my fuel tank - slightly excited  :D will make the trip over to Northampton some time soon and make sure I take my camera this time to take some pictures of his work  :love:

shall start preparing the engine ready for a start up over the coming months to check for leeks and other potential problems - got the in-line fuel pump which needs mounting up front somewhere - also the fuel pump block off plate (went for a nice shiney billet one)

Don't ya just love the EMPI trinkets. :D  :love:

Always nice and shiny, placed on a brightly coloured lump of special coloured card board, with the new part set off to purrrrrfection. You can walk home safe in the knowledge you have a carrier bag stuffed full to the gunnel's of newly acquired jewels .

Only when you get home, unpackage everything and lay it all on the table you suddenly realise there's sod all there.

:laugh:

yeah your right - massive packaging syndrome  :laugh:

but hey excited about getting the fuel tank picked up - vegetable rights for peas

maybe interchangable bodies  :p

pulled the brake master cylinder to bits - fair bit of gunk inside and some very slightly dodgy looking bores so will be renewing this when I get some cash

SANY0170.jpg

might try and pick up my tank tomorrow

big thanks to Tony who has popped around tonight - he has very carefully layed a tile for each wheel perfectly level (using his bob the builder skills) - when the time comes the car will be placed onto these tiles and the tub can then be modified so the bodywork sits correctly on the chassis

thanks m8  really appreciate your help - oh and by the way I phoned Julie and she pointed me in the right direction for her stash of tea bags so panic over  :laugh::t-up:

no sweat mate, and thats coz it was a dry house :laugh:

I can tell you dont do much indoors ;) fancy not knowing where the ruddy tea bags are.

Keep smiling.