Cleggy's Spyder Rebuild 17 07 09

Cleggy the Spyder Man

don't forget boys I am not designing a new car, a race car or even a fast road car - I am just trying to add a bit of strength where I can within the limitations of what I have -  which is a fairly basic replica kit that has a bonded on tub

oh yeah, and I like building it strong where I can too  ;)

I live in the fens and there aint many hills about, just as well aye  :suspect:

Could you not have just panelld it in ali instead of box section braces? It is starting to take shape though and you are being through about everything

Thanks John - I have a bit of a plan for that goal post framework (as somebody called it earlier) although I want to get body back on first before I make my mind up

I also have an idea about mounting the instrument on an alloy panel fixed onto the framework rather than in the dash, again still thinking in progress

got the other rear hat support in tonight - I can now jump and down with my 15 stone and everything is all very stiff - oooerrrr missus

SANY2839.jpg

SANY2841.jpg

Hi mate it's been a while since i've posted and the cars looking good, keep at it, it's easy to be a critic, but its a lot harder to be the decision maker and builder so well done and keep at it. Sorry to hear the news that your selling your westy, can't have been an easy choice...

Hi Stuart - thanks chap

I am very happy to have peoples opinions, even if they sometimes seem a bit critical, at the end of the day I find it useful and sometimes pushes me to do things a different way  :t-up:

as we all know it is difficult to get the bigger picture by viewing a thread on t'internet especially when modifying something as off beat as this and not knowing the limitations I have to work with, which there are many - the car itself, budget, time, tools and my personal ability etc etc

keep the ideas coming, and hope to catch you again at Stoneleigh Stuart  :t-up:

Thanks John

bit more progress made tonight - will update tomorrow maybe

just came across these on the tube - mmm wetting my appetite

this one is nice too although the stance at the front is too high which spoils it for me slightly

Spyder spent that night out last night - if none have you have come across this stuff before it is wort it's weight in gold

ACF50 available from about £13 per tin - just dont get it on yer brakes

SANY2859.jpg

SANY2867.jpg

SANY2868.jpg

SANY2869.jpg

Did a bit more tidying up last night - angle grinder to hand to remove loads of old brackets that are not required - I have also sent off my spec sheet for the fuel tank which has now been finalised showing brackets etc -  got these piccies out in daylight this morning - next job rear framework

had a spare half an hour today so I thought I would mock up a fuel tank as per the dimensions I have specified

So bit of cardboard and half a roll off gaffer tape later I now have a box exactly the same size - at least I can get on and build some framework for the tank

SANY2870.jpg

SANY2872.jpg

buidl manual on ebay  ????

explain yourself  :p