Cleggy's Spyder Rebuild 17 07 09

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Really starting to come together now  :t-up: is that fuel pump a low pressure jobby or will you need a regulator?

Back on days next week and haven't seen it in the flesh for a while so how about inviting me round for a cuppa  :laugh:

Nearly forgot you and Tony were spotted out Oundle way tonight by someone on the Locost forum "Not sparing the horses" apparently :D shame i couldn't make it,Did you have a good run out?

Hiya Dave

Fuel pump is designed to pump a steady 3.5 psi so I shall not need a regulator - comes recommended by some of the guys on the VZI site - more reliable and quiter than facet type pumps?

give us a ring m8 anytime to pop over - will get the kettle boiled - how about tomorrow or Sunday evening?

me and Tony "not sparing the horses out Oundle way" - you must be mistaken I am sure  ;)  :laugh:

had a great run out until we got wet  :(  and then Tony's exhaust came loose  :laugh: - we need to get him a "get you home repair kit I reckon"  :p  - I have loadsa gaffa tape, cable ties and an old adjustable spanner I dont use - have you got anything for him  ;)

he will be along in a minute  :laugh:

dont think Sunday will be a goer for me as we are supposed to be going to London  :(

Nearly forgot you and Tony were spotted out Oundle way tonight by someone on the Locost forum "Not sparing the horses" apparently :D shame i couldn't make it,Did you have a good run out?

You must be joking mate, i had to stop and feed mine :laugh:

And as for my repair kit its called the RAC ;)

That looks like it sits a lot better now.

What are you going to do with the return edge of the body where it meets the chassis in the footwells? Looks a bit tricky.

Mike  :)

• Like 1

What are you going to do with the return edge of the body where it meets the chassis in the footwells? Looks a bit tricky.

Jury is still out on that one mike ;)

thanks Mike - dunno yet although I have a rather large fibreglass kit sitting in the garage - it will have to be chopped to get the body sitting correctly still and then tidied up I guess (more of a summertime job I think)

the interior will be carpeted on the sides to cover up where the two join

so now looks like the spare and the battery will sit in behind the seats somewhere

If it's any help, the one I saw at Detling, the battery sat behind the drivers seat ( I think in the Engine bay next to the bulk head ). It was just a normal car battery but a small one.

IIRC, Tigger had a rather nice and clever little set up in his Westfield where he had one of those small batteries set up underneath the scuttle I think. Could that be an option ? May be worth asking. :t-up: Hope I haven't ruined his secret when somebody tries to find it. :blush:

I don't recall seeing any spare in the car at Detling, but didn't get to see in the front.

I had left the phone in the car and when I came back to take a few pics for you he had gone., sorry :(

smartarse comment No1

Love the fuel tank extension , think maybe I will fit one like that to the Westy

So's I can carry an extra 25 ltrs  :laugh:

Looking great now Cleggs  :)

Doing a real thorough job there...

und das periskop idee fuer ein Porsche U boot ist gar nicht schlecht fuer an alte wichser wie du!    

:devil:  :laugh:  :D  :laugh:

I like it...(the car)

translates to and "the idea for a porsche periskop u boot is not bad for w****r of old as you" according to the internet

:D  :D

forget the spare only adds weight and you have plenty of that :D small compressor and tyre weld as in my civic or have the tyres treated with a no puncture treatment.http://www.desboroughonline.net/

lewis

forget the spare only adds weight and you have plenty of that :D small compressor and tyre weld as in my civic or have the tyres treated with a no puncture treatment.http://www.desboroughonline.net/

lewis

still be lighter than most of yer westies  :laugh:

@ spence - shame no photo's -be nice to get a small battery and stick it somewhere discreet - will see how the budget goes although I think I may well stick with the standard battery

@ bernie - thought you might be the one  :laugh:

still be lighter than most of yer westies

yes but only about a third of the power :p

lewis