2005 Duratec Sport 2000

Jbyrne007

Finances plus the patter of tiny feet necessitate the sale of the Yellow peril, full spec as listed below.....

IMHO a really good spec Duratec in the right colour at the more affordable end of the market which for Duratec's still seems to be strangely limited?! Car is very quick, in good condition and infinitely reliable so would make excellent car for a novice who does not know one end of a spanner from another and just wants to turn the key and drive or a more experienced grease monkey who wants to modify it.

In its current form car is equally suitable for fast road and track use although spec would lend itself, with the right mods to becoming the basis of a more hardcore track/race orientated car.

Car is priced to sell before the end of the summer at £11750 ovno although I will hang onto it until next year if all I get is silly offers as although I would like to sell it I'm not desperate and hopefully will be back to join the fold one day. Car is taxed has 10 months MOT and 5mm tread on the rears, more on the front.

I will hold off advertising the car on Pistonheads for a week or so (probably at a slightly higher price) as ideally I would like to sell it to someone in the club for obvious reasons so you have first dibs before I open it up to assorted time wasters, dreamers, boy racers and test pilots.

Feel free to email any queries although I have listed most relevant info so a call to me on 07740 946003 might be better. Car currently resides in Shropshire BTW.

Full Specification :-

Modular Factory Kit - All new parts.

Chrome Yellow, built and registered in 2005 on '05' Plate

6500 dry miles

Ford Duratec 2000 Sport - Approx 195 BHP

BGH Sporting Close ration 2.8 Type 9 Gearbox - Heavy Duty Build with Quaife QuickShift Kit

Webcon Engine Management - mapped by Webcon at their Sunbury Rolling Road

Webcon Fuel Pump

Raceline Fuel rail and injection

Raceline Sump

Raceline Bell Housing

AP Racing Hydraulic clutch

AP Racing 4 pot front brakes

Raceline Lightwight Flywheel

Raceline Oil Filter Housing

Jenvey Throttle Bodies with larger 105mm inlet trumpets

Pipercross large foam air filter

Protech Aluminium Shocks - fully adjustable for ride height, damping and rebound

Freelander Quaife LSD

New Design Diff Side mounting plates and Hyabusa Heavy Duty Steady arms

Westfield 4 point harnesses

Toyo Proxy T1S tyres

OZ Superleggera lightweight wheels X 5

Heater, Full windscreen and wipers

Hyabusa Nose (extra lower cooling duct)

Cat 1 Toad Immobiliser

Full windescreen, Full Tonneau Cover (covers full car, front seats and boot) and sidecreens

Suspension setup and corner weighting by Procomp motorsport - full breakdown of geometry and weights available.

Total cost to build > £23K

http://avatars.gentlyhosting.co.uk/15407.jpeg

http://avatars.gentlyhosting.co.uk/15408.jpeg

http://avatars.gentlyhosting.co.uk/15412.jpeg

http://avatars.gentlyhosting.co.uk/15410.jpeg

http://avatars.gentlyhosting.co.uk/15406.jpeg

Clegg would recommend the duratec anyday  :D

Good luck with the sale chap

Like that lots....wanted a Durabang when I was looking last year but they hardly ever come up for sale.

Priced well and will sell....... Good luck

Thanks all for your kind comments ;) hopefully the car goes to a good home. As I say its a cracking motor and will give some lucky soul a lot of reliable fun for not too much money.

I certainly hope to be back with another car in a couple of years, anything else on 4 wheels is rather dull once you've had a Westy and the people aren't bad either!

So come on guys there's still some Summer left snap up a bargain and make the most of it or I'll be "forced" to put some more miles on her....

Is further mapping/ tuning widely available for the webcon managment?

I could be tempted back to the fold with this one.

I'm sure I could shift the VX quickly for the money needed here

From what I've been told there's plenty of scope for further tuning. Certinaly there are (admittedly rather more exotic) N/A Duratecs out there running 300 bhp + although there are bound to be others on here with more detailed knowledge/experience.

A free-er flowing exhaust plus cam change have got to be worth an instant 25-30hp even before you start raising the rev limit and messing around with the mapping, gas flowing the head, port polishing etc etc.

These blocks can take a lot of power with surprisingly little modification apart from maybe changing the head bolts.

Good luck with selling the VX eh? I'll keep her warm for you... ;)

Is further mapping/ tuning widely available for the webcon managment?

I could be tempted back to the fold with this one.

I'm sure I could shift the VX quickly for the money needed here

Scott,

Northampton Motorsport can map the Webcon system - do you need anymore?

:t-up:

The car appears to be superb value!

Looks and sounds a cracking car so yes I am mulling it over as a possible car.

Option for more power being available is a factor though; yes. The Boghouse was a good, solid 240 brake and I'd want that kind of performance/ flexibility from any other Westfield (taking into account I could be tempted to dabble in the Speed Series again)

thats an eyeful of a car , I would be suprised if that hangs around long  :t-up:  :t-up:

Option for more power being available is a factor though; yes. The Boghouse was a good, solid 240 brake and I'd want that kind of performance/ flexibility from any other Westfield (taking into account I could be tempted to dabble in the Speed Series again)

Stephenh's 2 litre Durabang with modified head, Nice Cam's and a Simpsons exhaust system made 236 brake on Troys rollers at NMS

Gives an idea on whats available

Bottom end was standard apart from ARP Rod bolts

yup I was quoted at the show about 3-3.5k inc set-up to get 230ish bhp

bottom end bolts ...head work - cams - pocketed pistons - springs and set-up

and as others have said, a lot more if you wanna splash the cash

Stephenh's 2 litre Durabang with modified head, Nice Cam's and a Simpsons exhaust system made 236 brake on Troys rollers at NMS

Gives an idea on whats available

Bottom end was standard apart from ARP Rod bolts

That's what i'm having done this winter, can't wait  :D

This is a very cheap duratec - surprised it's still for sale!

Thanks all and yes it is still for sale at the moment. As you can see it is priced to sell and quite possibly the first to see will buy - I expect the wet weather is keeping people away!

I'm not in a position to do an exchange I'm afraid - sorry Scott!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.