Curborough week end

greenandmean

he's like dog S*** he's everywhere

it's no wonder people hide your car overnight with remarks like that you old git  :p

On behalf of me and my team (Emma and Christine, the marshals and all the other people who committed their time and expertise to making the sprint school, the track session and the sprint event all massive successes), I'm really glad you all enjoyed yourselves, I think if anything the atmosphere this year was better than last year with great competition in all classes - the father/son duels especially  :laugh:

See you next year  :t-up:  :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• davidgh

• greenandmean

• Tigger

See you next year  :t-up:  :D

Commitment Noted :p  :p

ps

I thought the dog s**t comment was a bit harsh  :D  :D  :D

I thought the dog s**t comment was a bit harsh

Yeah, coming from someone 30 years older than me too  :laugh:

Commitment Noted

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:

Gr8 weekend

BIG THANKS to Paul Edden for the loan of his Helmet as some F*cker broke into our garage on thursday night n stole mine & all of Tiggers tools & a BIG THANKS to PeterG for finding my phone.

Mrs Tigger

Agreed, a fantastic weekend! I am sad a made a horrlicks of my final run, I would love to know my times 0-64 FT and intermediate time for first lap; unfortunately I forgot to look before I left. Can anyone help me?

Stephen, Your times were:

FIRST RUN:

64' = 2.62

1st MPH = 45mph

Split = 38.01

2nd MPH = 94mph

Overall - 65.45

SECOND RUN:

64' = 2.65

1st MPH =55

Split = 37.03

2nd MPH = N/A

Overall = N/A

Hope that helps?

Tiggs

Yeah, coming from someone 30 years older than me too  :laugh:

I'm really hurt now :down:  :down:  it can't possibly be a day more than 29 years. :p  :p

I got to say a massive thanks to Paul Aspen for lending us the use of his striker for my first ever Sprint! Was massive fun, and to be beating the old man at one point was fantastic! :p:D:D

Also many thanks to all the other kind offers to let me double drive your cars, you mad mad b*******s :D:D:D

:sheep:  

thanks to all the other kind offers to let me double drive your cars, you mad mad b*******s

That's the advantage of it being your first event Luke, thay hadn't had a chance to see how you drive  :laugh:  :p  :D

Big thanks to all concerned for a superbly organised and fun-filled weekend.

As before, 'normous thanks to the quick Jock for the drive (i'm learning, slowly) and well done mate on your class win, it was right down to the wire and you did yourself proud  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Thanks Tiggs, just what I wanted. No wonder I struggled round the hairpin to start my second lap!

What a fabulous weekend. My first sprint since the Flymo went and since we have become Pikeys. (writing this in bed in a motorway services)

Well done and thankyou to Peter and all his team, very slick, well run organisation indeed. Thanks to the Rushpuffs for a beer or two on Fri night and to the rest of the mob for a good nobble on Sat night. I had forgotten what a hoot it is in the SS paddock and I have missed you all very much

Great big thankyou has got to go to Richard James for being daft enough to let me drive his car, what a thoroughly nice bloke. I am very humbled by his generousity, especially as he has offered the car to me indefinately.

Congratulations to all the class winners, the jockstig for a massive last run, and to Margaret Hussey on her 60th birthday. (You're pulling our leg!!!)

Finally thanks to all the drivers, without whom there would be no competition or banter as the times tumble, and to all the marshals, without whom there would be no event.

Hope to see you all soon

Tommo

Warning: the following may include the mis-spelling or the misappropriation of forenames and surnames (apologies if I get it wrong).

Note to the following who marshal'd on Sunday at Curborough: -

Nick Bamber

John Curtis

John Kelly

Kerry (who's surname I can never remember)

Ian (ditto)

Andy Lyall

The fourth bloke on the start line (who's name I didn't get to know)

The 2 blokes on post 3 (ditto)

The bloke doing paddock (not sure who it was)

Dave(?) (handed out drinks to thirsty marshals)

Any others who marshal'd, are not included in the list above (apologies to  them also)

Ron Turner (Clerk of Course) asked me to pass on his personal thanks to you for the good work carried out. Ron expressed how impressed he was both with individual commitment to get the job well done and with how we performed as a team to minimise the inevitable delays.

If any marshals above aren't on the boardroom, can someone who is please pass these thanks on direct.

I'd also like to add my own thanks, both to you lot (job well done boys), Ron himself for providing clear direction and good support, the rescue and medics crews who attended, Mark Jackson for another interesting commentary, Emma and Christine for paddock office, the timekeeper family, Saul (for doing the bins and being willing to help), Pete Gutteridge/ Nick Algar/ Mark Stanton for organising (am not sure which of you guys to apportion most of the credit too, but I think you all played a big part), the drivers* for a very entertaining day, everyone who made the Saturday night party so enjoyable (if a little cold) and, last but not least, the inventor of swingball (which, despite significant abuse, is still working now).

Well done to all class winners and Matt for FTD, but I feel compelled to single out the following for driving styles that were really great to watch (especially around the first bend and the 2nd lap entry - excellent lines guys): -

Barney

Simon Besant

Stuart Hill

Mr. and Mrs. Timekeeper and their son, Saul for doing the bins and being willing to help

that'll be Saul ALGAR  :oops: he's not Mr & Mrs timekeepers son  ;)  :p

BTW Peter, I did tell you at the time but here it is publicly, Ron Hunt and I both think you did a fantastic job as 'control', so organised, calm and clear instructions and pro-active, we rarely had to get involved as you thought of almost everything before we did  :sheep:

Can I put you all down for next year then  ???  :t-up:  :laugh: