• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

trackday

looking for a trackday in the next month or so - anyone know of a relativly near north east place bike engine friendly day out? seeing as croft has just 98db ones left thats that b******d.. was wanting to do croft one day but have missed the boat.. lol

yea have seen both of those.. Am looking into them.. Biggest problem is the distance.. No trailer.. So if owt gans wrong.. Long way from home.. Cadwell is now 169 mallory 103? Think cadwell is closer - would love to go there seeing as i missed one last year when my diff blew on the dax day before.. Lost all my money..

Looks good but i am an omen with rain.. Lol

yea have seen both of those.. Am looking into them.. Biggest problem is the distance.. No trailer.. So if owt gans wrong.. Long way from home.. Cadwell is now 169 mallory 103? Think cadwell is closer - would love to go there seeing as i missed one last year when my diff blew on the dax day before.. Lost all my money..

We used to drive down to cadwell with a chase car for wheels / jack etc :t-up:

Just dont crash! :laugh:

Elvington used to be a cheap day, but like Croft,  it's now got noise troubles, (98db) and it's not so cheap anymore.  :t-up:

Bllody ell Tel we went t Lemons without a trailer

Bllody ell Tel we went t Lemons without a trailer

yea i know - the car i have now isnt built like the dax was - this is no where near tank solid..  :D

just got a feeling in me waters summink will break and me is stuffed if its too far away from 'ome.. not got the confidence in it yet - have a few niggling issues to sort out

started getting clutch slip - maybe oil change due

got oil leak - nowt major - possible dry sump hose

oil leaking from diff output shaft - fit new seal

just little things but ill get there..

Get AA membership, they will recover you from a non-competitive track event if you break it (don't ask me how I know  :blush: ).

If you fancy something a bit different and easier on the car than a normal trackday then check out the car control and drift thread at the top of the events forum  :cool:

Steve H

Get AA membership, they will recover you from a non-competitive track event if you break it (don't ask me how I know  :blush: ).

If you fancy something a bit different and easier on the car than a normal trackday then check out the car control and drift thread at the top of the events forum  :cool:

Steve H

really??? didnt know that thought all track events were not covered?

It's a couple of years since I last used their services but the AA did include it on their cover (RAC did not), it was listed in their terms and conditions -

This is how they word what they won't cover - "assistance for vehicles broken down as a result of taking part in any “Motor Sport Event”,

including, without limitation, racing, rallying, trials or time-trials or auto test. However, for the

avoidance of doubt, the AA does not consider “Concours d’elegance” events, track test days

for road-legal vehicles or rallies held exclusively on open public highways where participants are

required to comply with the normal rules of the road, to be Motor Sports Events."

I used to keep a copy in the car as even some of their patrols didn't know that they covered trackdays!

They might have changed now but that was their policy then.  :angry:

You only need get a friendly push or tow to a nice layby somewere outside the track ( preferably near a nice pub)  :t-up: