Tyre racks

BigRuss

I've fitted a high level tyre rack to my bj minno trailer.

It's got a wire that runs through the wheels and padlocks at the end and a bar that goes  over the top.

Can anyone help with how to use it? How tight should the bar be? Should i secure the bar down somehow?

I only want to fit 4 wheels / tyres onto it, where is best to put them or does it need 8 for a secure fit?

Thanks!

I just use a small luggage strap (like the Thule ones you get in Halfords for use on a roof rack) to tie the bar down, do it tight enough to stop the tyres bouncing around but not so tight it leaves a dent across the tyres  ;)

added: 4 wheels/tyres is fine, my PRG tyrerack has an adjustable bar that slides along to stop them moving sideways but if yours hasn't then use a ratchet strap to hold them against one end  :t-up: