Curborough Sprint School

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

The Curborough weekend is nealry with us :D:D we are arranging a Sprint School on the Saturday morning starting at 10am. This is open to ALL WSCC members and is a very good idea for anyone who is thinking of entering the Speed Series in the future.

It is FREE, to get your name down please e-mail or PM me with your name, address and e-mail .

We still need more people for the Sprint on the Sunday, so if you have the required clothing and a car that complies then ANY WSCC member can enter. :D:D It is also open to people outside of the club, so if you know someone who would like to come along then please pass on details to them.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• Major Stare

• Mark (smokey mow)

• Mark Stanton

so if you have the required clothing and a car that complies

and a current race licence (National 'B' Speed level is all that is required)

Oh, and just to save any confusion, the Sprint School is FREE and you don't need a Westfield to attend, so long as you want to learn more about what's needed to start in sprinting/hillclimbing and have access to a car to drive round the track to show the mentors the lines then it'll be worth it to you, no rollbar or harnesses etc are required for this part of the weekend  ;)

Well, despite posting on here about the Sprint School a month ago and it being touted to WSCC members at Stoneleigh, so far I have only ONE person confirmed for the school so if people want to attend can they please either post on here or PM me or Nick Algar sooner rather than later so we'll know whether it's worth even running it again this year  :bangshead:   :t-up:

Even if you're not thinking about competing now, a lot of the information conveyed during the sessions such as car preparation and the safety related items that are checked during scrutineering will be useful for people who are doing trackdays and who knows, maybe you'll catch the bug (no, not swine flu...)  ;)   :D

OK, now I have two and they're both ladies  :love:  I suggest all the men that haven't attended the school before do so this year or risk being soundly beaten by the girls in the future   :oops:  ;)  :p

Nick, email on it's way :p  :D

aaaaiiiii!

Ladies all the way!

Hand over your knackers and join the booby brigade!

Also.. do i need to send off for my licence? Its all there sitting there ready to send.. i just need a photo!!

Hand over your knackers and join the booby brigade!

I'll get to work on my moobs then :D , I've nothing to show at the moment  :0

Also.. do i need to send off for my licence? Its all there sitting there ready to send.. i just need a photo!!

if you enter the Sunday Sprint meeting

;)  ;)  ;)  :D the clues are there  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :D

Nick, email on it's way :p  :D

That's one for the men's side :D:D

Come on guys or girls, you can't beat FREE :D

if you enter the Sunday Sprint meeting

;)  ;)  ;)  :D the clues are there  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :D

smart a**!! ;)

I best go get a mug shot sorted then eh!

Or rather.. call them up and have them reset my online application s its borked.

I want to do this but I need to get time off work, but put me down provisionally.

Nick/ Peter,

I'm also planning to do the afternoon track session, do we need to pre-book for this as well and what are the requirement for helmets, overalls etc...?  I just need to work out how much of the upgrades fund I need to spend on clothing :D

Mark

Track will be open to all valid WSCC members - simply turn up - you will need a skid lid for drivers and passengers (over 16 years of age) and a small donation  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D

No other motorsport equipment is required this is to let the ordinary Westfiel owner and WSCC member enjoy some track time and gain a little experience and insigh  ;)  ;)  ;) on a track rather than public roads  :D  ;)

Thanks Mark, looks like I just need to buy a lid.  :)

Track will be open to all valid WSCC members

Actually, for a small fee (but slightly larger than the donation required from WSCC members), non-members will be allowed to run in the afternoon track session BUT, priority will be given to members  and if there are lots of them you may have a long wait so why not spend £20(ish) and join the club and get all the benefits  ;)