• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Darned and bollox .. cracked my windscreen

Cleggy the Spyder Man

After deciding to remove my windscreen and have a go at spraying the surround black I was rather chuffed with the results  :cool: ... and this is where the story goes bad !!!

I have only gone and over tightened one of those little grub screws and created an 1" crack in the screen ... arggghhh ferk and lots of other expletives  :angry:

you know what they say, one step forward and two steps backwards

Have any of you local chap got a windscreen, with or without surround in black or alloy finish that you would be prepared to part with for a nominal sum  :D  

I guess there must be loads of these laying about in gargages gathering dust due to aero screen upgrades

Your Insurance? £50 fitted from Autoglass etc

aero screen ...you can see it coming cant you  :devil:

anyway BTTT if any of you localish boys have got one kicking around

Cleg

Go and have a chat with Autowinscreens / Autoglass, one of them cuts flat windscreens from sheet glass.

do these screens come apart or are they a one piece job

sorry to hear your news cleggy, cant believe you said rude words when it broke though. dont worry its only money!!!!!!!!!!!

keep smiling

tony

they come apart m8 ... side pillars ... windscreen surround and finally the glass  :D

its the glass bit Tony that is cracked  ;)  might pop around at the weekend to knick yours whilst your not looking, you would probably notice when you got to about 60mph  :D  :p

by the way Tony are you camping?

I just had my cracked screen replace by the local glazing firm. It is only laminated flat glass. Cost me £38

Took the screen and frame off and loosened the scews on the alloy frame to make it easy for them. All done in a day

Tony

Chris Finley goes through 1 a month, so i'd ask his advice :p  :D  :p

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.