Wtd: Shortened CVH Sump

dhutch

On the off chance anyone on here has one im looking for a shortend and baffled sump for a CVH.

- Would condsider anything for the right price, inc uncut doner.

Hoping to be a stoneleigh over weekend so could collect form there and pay in cash or beer.

Daniel

Which sump do you need? There are at least two types. I have a new standard (but was fitted and got oily till I realised it wasn't a good fit) later type that doesn't suit my car.

The two types are  AIUI

early type - flat mating surface and uses cork gaskets

later type - has locating dimples on mating face and uses a rubber gasket.

It's useless to me . . .

David

Ahh, thats got to be good to know.

- I mine is a 1600cc block from may 1985 (2 years old than me) but i will try and investigate what the current sump gasket is made from.

Daniel

• 3 months later...
Dimples and a rubber gasget!

Dimples and a rubber gasget!

That's the one Ive got and can't use . . .

Ebay has them or we can discuss how to get mine to you for  a nominal sum plus carriage. PM me if interested

Ok, and thats a shortended sump then?

In four weeks time i will be back at loughborough which is seconds off the M1 (jn23) so that is a possable option if you or anyone is passing by as i could meet you on the junction if i havent sourced a sump from elsewhere beforehand.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.