Mercedes C 270 Elegance

samcooke

And the front springs break and the electrics/electronics are total crap!

Oh and they are generally useless unless you want to spend lots while it visits garages lots n lots

Age not important

Except you won't be wanting a pre 2004 one, cos they're all rusty.

or post 2004 cos thats when merc quality control got laid off and the standards fell off a cliff....

I did 60,000 miles in a 52 plate C class C270 CDi over the last 3 years, It didn't go rusty, the springs didn't break, I had no problem with the electrics but the injectors did start failing, replaced one and 'managed' another. They're incredibly expensive from MB, about £400 but there's some people on MBUK website that will sell original parts for approx £100 and it was a doddle to do. It averaged about 38mpg over my time with it and went like stink, got a bit heated when towing in the summer though. It never went near MB, serviced at my local independent for about £200 a go and it went 18-20k between sevices as indicated on the ASSYST system. Sold it 2 months ago with 100k for £6k. Hope that helps!

ooooh, I can tell a few tales about them as well  :bangshead:  :t-up:

ooooh, I can tell a few tales about them as well  :bangshead:  :t-up:

I think you must have had a friday afternoon job???????????????:oops:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

As a precaution it might be worth changing the G.Box oil though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats up with the big vw beastie ;)  :cool:  :cool:

Audi Quattro Avant 3.0 V6 TDi ?

155 mph

Usually 45 mpg and sometimes 50 mpg.

Love one - but £9k or £10 for one without a million miles on the clock????????????????????????

whats up with the big vw beastie ;)  :cool:  :cool:

Lease is nearing completion - chuffing fab car in every respect - but VERY chuffing expensive to run.

Not going down the lease route again - going to spend my own hard earned pennies.  

Don't want a BMW - had several and don't rate em

Don't want to spend a fortune but do want quality.  Had a X reg C270 previously - did 84k on it and only ever changed the tyres (not even the discs on an auto car)  - so my experience of them is good.

By the way - love an A6 avant (have had one of these previously too) on the condition that I can disconnect the Halfords spares bucket noddy lights they all seem to have up front these days. :p

Thanks for all your "words of wisdom" on this topic - bought a car today - guess what;  not a Merc - or an Audi - or a Beemer.

See you at Harewood in the new "thing" - if the electrics hold up and the springs dont break of course :p

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.