sailing

sailing

Anybody have a narrow body wind screen they want to sell. Cracked mine at the weekend.

Do they still make them or where can you get them.

Help and advise appreciated

Tony

Just in the process of having mine changed after i cracked that.

- Sorting it via insurence, who use autoglass. Auto glass removed the glass and frame with my help and took it in to there workshop to cut a fresh glass and replace the broken one. However they actaully instead broke the frame, and are now sourcing the whole lot (glass and frame) from westfeild. Should have been delivered today but i'll chase it tomorrow and post back.

Failing that, apprently what was rac glass are good (www.autowindscreens.co.uk) or digger/coach glasing firms. (ie anyone who can cut flat laminated glass)

Daniel

Well mines £60 excess and the rest taken care off.

- The bloke said it would be about £150 if you where paying yourself. But then again on other threads people having be talking about £40 for the glass, if you do all the removing and fitting to the frame.

From westfeild? Skys the limit! But i would be insterested if you do find out. Past threads?

Daniel

My cousin runs his own Windscreen business (Warwickshire Windscreens) and cuts bespoke glass all the time. He cant understand what all the fuss is about.

Too late for me now, but what would he charge?

I have spoken to John's Cousin and he explained you could get laminated glass from local glazing firms and providing they polish the edges and make sure the kite mark is  showing (for the odd picky MOT inspector) it should not be a problem to them cutting it.

I have taken mine off and I am off to the local glazing firm. Will let you know the results and the costs.

Tony

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.