House/ Land for development

Asterix

I know that nothing's certain until it's in black and white, but (finally :bangshead: ) if the buyers that we've been under offer with since October keep going the way they have recently, it looks like we'll be moving within the next 3 months. It's time for a change but will still be sad to go :down:

However, when one door closes...

Am currently scouring the known website gateways plus any of the estate agents who don't get on those gateways, and am finding a few of interest (though there is a lot of overpriced s***e out there). Still, it can't hurt to ask here so, I need all the help I can in finding my dreamgirl's new dreamhouse.

Constraints

- Must have rural views

- Must have gardens

- Desirably located in the East Midlands, specifically NE & E Derbyshire or NW & W Nottinghamshire, within 25 miles of Ockbrook, Derbyshire

- Enough space for a 7m campervan and Westie sized trailer to be parked (daily road access not required)

- Enough off road parking/ garaging for 2 tintops, with daily road access

- Either a garage for the Westfield or land that could be developed into a garage, with daily road access

- House with at least 3 bedrooms or land/renovation/ change of use that could be developed into 4 bedroom house

- Not on a main road

- Not in a housing estate

- Nowhere near Pikeys, industrial estates or proximal to major roads or railway lines

- I don't mind developing on land or renovating (we can live in the camper whilst it's done)

- Auction properties considered

- Hate to say it, but repossessions also considered

- Desirable for it to have an outhouse/ workshop as well as the garage

- Most importantly. must fit SWMBO's ever-changing idea of perfection, whatever that is at the time you're reading this

In short, I'm looking for price, location, space and structure in that order, everything else is up for grabs.

May go higher in price, dependant on how drunk I am at the time.

Any ideas gratefully received.

My father in law has recently finished building a four bedroom house in a small village near Cambridge... It might meet one of your constraints! he he!

Do be mindful that building a house on a slope as severe as the last two in the above link will cost a fortune in constructing extra retaining walls, waterproof tanking etc etc etc  :down:  :down: and check about your drainage connection last thing you want is an expensive pump or deep excavations to a main drains system  :down:  :(  ;)  ..........septic tank  ;)  :)

- Nowhere near Pikeys, .

Thats it then. You've no chance! :p  :p  :p  :p  :p

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.