Tell us about your latest upgrade

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Just fitted my new Protech shocks and springs supplied by Procomp.  New re-packable silencer in polished s/s supplied and fitted by Hayward and Scott, it's lovely and shiny  :love:

Just fitted my new Protech shocks and springs supplied by Procomp.  New re-packable silencer in polished s/s supplied and fitted by Hayward and Scott, it's lovely and shiny  :love:

Photographic evidence required  :sheep:

Just changed the sparkplugs, finally got round to do it. Also took the roll bar off in preparation for the new (to me) RAC roll bar. Yay!!

Still to do oil and filter, eh, the winter is long in Scotland...

Just picked up a 1.9 short block from the US. Will add my Hemi head to it over the winter. Got some porting and polishing to do first

• 2 weeks later...
Next project now the weather's drawing in is to remove the Aeroscreen and fit a normal windscreen/wipers etc.

Car all back together again now, Aero gone, windscreen fitted. Gave it a try this afternoon, what a pleasant change from all the faffing about with helmets and stuff.

Just need to finish the trim - am modifying an early style crash pad to fit, as it covers the flat spot I'd created on the scuttle for my old centre post mirror, ans fit the side screens. (I thought I had the press studs left over, but turned out to be bases and only the inner half of the popper parts. Doh.)

Tidied some of the behind the dash wiring up while I had the scuttle off. I also relocated the ecu, never been entirely happy with where it was; my build seems to have predated the hinged panel on the passenger side idea. (Least none of the cars I looked at at shows or the factory had it back then.)

Seemed a good idea though, so I made a similar hinged drop down panel for the ecu, engine/fuel pump relays and also my 12 Volt socket for the 'phone charger/sat nav. All vinyl covered from the passenger facing side, so it doesn't stand out too much. For ease of access service/rolling road wise, rather than trying to fix the cockpit end to the dash rail with self tappers, I welder a tab to the rail for the spring and fitted a Dzus fastener to the hinged panel.

Sounds nifty Gadgers, post a few photos so we can all see it!

had black windscreen pillars + rover mirrors installed to replace my old, rac roll bar and doors. Wow, all i can say!

Still need to wire the brake light on roll bar and install a boot panel ( not sure if I should chop the old or go for a flat carbon panel )....

And MOT coming soon!

had black windscreen pillars + rover mirrors installed to replace my old, rac roll bar and doors. Wow, all i can say!

Still need to wire the brake light on roll bar and install a boot panel ( not sure if I should chop the old or go for a flat carbon panel )....

And MOT coming soon!

Hi Chip - Have you tried it with the doors on yet?

Cheers,

Matt

How are the nostrills Dave - good and cleaned?

It's much more civilised with side screens.  :t-up:

It wasn't too bad, though to be fair it was just a gentle run out/shake down run to blow the cobwebs away and, see what it felt like.

First run out since the ARB's went on as well, so concentrating on one thing at a time, I was checking the screen fitting etc.

Just need to do a quick spanner check now, make sure all the suspension is still as it should be. Then I can start looking at basic ARB settings for day to day use.

Am away with work at the mo. will try and post some pics when I get back.

• 3 weeks later...

secondhand carbon fibre cycle wings fitted - collected these from Porkie (Lee) about a year or two ago

03043826.jpg

and some spangly willwoods - thanks Ditch

36e6c841.jpg

Thought you'd seen the light Cleggy and put a proper engine in your car looking at the sticker on the bonnet  :p