Tell us about your latest upgrade

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Still waiting for my mud flap fixing bolts from ProBolt, bl**dy snail mail. Have to be next week now. Edited ( should have checked my email, they informed me on Monday they were out of stock of one set of parts )

Bob :cry::cry: :cry:

Just stuck the Carbon Cycle Wing to the big head fixing bolt things, then just need to fibre glass them on properly after that

CIMG3844.jpg

I've sent my car to SteveD for chassis work. Does it count ?

I'd say that counts as an upgrade :d

• Like 1

Finally got my mud flaps on today now that the bl**dy decorating is sort of done :no: . Well more for flicked up stones and debris than mud/rain. Now to find out about the NW semi final Liverpool/Everton then watch the Grand Prix and Grand National busy day planned.

Next job to find my ECU shift light wire and wire in a cut out indicator, just in case I get towards max revs hee :d hee :d . These cars drive you mental, back to a daft teenager sometimes ( no disrespect meant or intended to teenagers )

Feel like a beer already mmmmmm

Bob :yes::d:yes:

BGH E6 Gearbox -- Done

Lightweight front indicators -- Done

Polo rad -- Done

Complete fluids change -- Done

Just stuck the Carbon Cycle Wing to the big head fixing bolt things, then just need to fibre glass them on properly after that

CIMG3844.jpg

Tom, You need to upgrade your garage walls with some paint, stops all the dust settling on the car.

Got a new silencer fitted at last. It is a 6 inch one and only 14 inch long all welded on a 2.25inch stainless tube.

Cruising along its quieter than the standard Westfield one, but at higher revs its a lot noisier. Had a late night dash up the motorway last night which confirmed this. It looks the business though and has a lovely deep burble to it on the over run. Had the silencer for a while and £60 got all the welding and pipe work done. Really chuffed.

• Like 1

Tom, You need to upgrade your garage walls with some paint, stops all the dust settling on the car.

Not wasting money on paint, when it can be sent on the car....... :laugh:

Plus we have 2 dogs, so in my garage you get dust, dog hair and stuff the wife dumps in there :laugh: :laugh:

Not wasting money on paint, when it can be sent on the car....... :laugh:

Plus we have 2 dogs, so in my garage you get dust, dog hair and stuff the wife dumps in there :laugh: :laugh:

That wouldn't be allowed in my garage, Its mine all mine. As for the paint. cheap or left over emulsion is plenty good enough.

Cheers Bernie

The towels on the bonnet are there to protect it while I it doubles up as a work bench :laugh: :laugh:

This winter:

1. Siltech Rear ARB.

2. New protech dampers (fronts rose jointed) matched and springs supplied by Procomp Motorsport.

3. Megasquirt III with MS3X (in readyness for full sequential injection).

4. Carbon Fibre flarred sides from Mickmade.

5. Mulfab SEiGHT Radiator.

6. New coolant hoses. Aluminium top hose with bypass built in.

7. Davies Craig high flow fan.

8. 19 row oil cooler.

9. Newly built ducted nose cone.

10. Longacre 14" interior Mirror.

11. Steel camber adjustors.

12. ECU controlled Radiator Fan

13. Race mode button

Before I started making this list thought my upgrades this winter were a bit lame :d

Be time to start planing and collecting parts for Winter 2012's upgrades soon ;):d

Well my upgrade plans for this year is just to get it back on the road. Shouldn't take long. However I've got to start before I can finish.

Tryig to remember what I've done since I picked up the car last summer:

Oil breather system revised and catch tank fitted (pipes were hanging out the bottom before!)

Smaller steering wheel 13>11 inch

Self cancelling indicators

Replaced front wishbones with current type (standard track)

M16 brakes replaced with Wilwood Powerlite 265mm kit.

Westfield alloy front hubs

Cortina uprights replaced with Westfield alloy ones

All front ball joints replaced

Rear wishbones removed, blasted and repowdercoated, fitted with new bushes.

New rear Rose joints

Wheel bearings

Swept wings removed and replaced with real carbon Westfield pattern cycle wings.

Suspension geo setup at NMS

Stainless stone guards replaced with playskool carbon effect.

Polo rad and new cooling pipes.

7" chrome headlights replaced with 5 3/4" black

Phew!