Who's going to be the first through an IVA?

combatsapph

i find the part about  exhaust bieng contactable by a 1oomm sphere worrying is it true that it has been withdrawn? it is difficult to see how it can be overcome otherwise.

it could be me? ive just been knocked back today with my sva application and amature build form, i sent in my forms with that many photos and paperwork that i had to pay nearly three quid postage, they sent me a letter back with the kind words , if i cannot produce all reciepts of parts for the build then my application cheque would be returned and i would have to apply for the iva, i rang them today and you guessed it , the chap that dealt with it is on holiday, what a bummer

i find the part about  exhaust bieng contactable by a 1oomm sphere worrying is it true that it has been withdrawn? it is difficult to see how it can be overcome otherwise.

It's not that hard to sort - just route it under the car.  No more side exit exhausts tho' :-(

has the new i.v.a. concerning exhaust contactable by 100mm sphere been deleted does anyone know?? if not it could prove an almost insoluable problem for most cars

It's not that hard to sort - just route it under the car.  No more side exit exhausts tho' :-(

I've no idea if the regulation has been deleted but there was discussion and speculation in last months kit car magazine that it would be delayed for several months/year to give manufacturers a chance to redesign their cars as their was no suggestion in the initial consultation papers that this rule may be introduced.

My interpretation is that a heat shield over the exhaust would be sufficient protection like the present silencer heat shields but the difficulty arises in covering the banana bunch manifold where this exit's the body. :suspect:   not too much of a problem on the Mazda SDV's with only a single pipe out but on most others I can envisage something that looks like a dairylea triangle being stuck to the side of the car for IVA. :0