• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

rac rollbar

ibbo

Looks like Westfield now sell a complete cage.

Westfield selling Full Cage

Is this the Rolbar/cage you are referring to, or do they have plans to do an MSA approved roll bar (as opposed to a full cage)?

Thanks

pete

The "Caged" manufactured cage has been available for a long time  ;)  ;) it is a cage  ;)  ;). Full cages have been mandatory in many circuit race series for a couple or more years now  ;)

The rollbar I am referring to is a rollbar  ;)  ;)  :D  ;) not a cage  ;)  ;)  :D  :D

Lets sort out Roll Bars first as it is what most people can afford and it is more reasonable for road going classes with screen etc and use on the road

Is it me or are the MSA totally losing the plot :down:  :down:  forget the welded extension on my roll bar for the moment, it is a fully welded bar but attaches to the chassis somewhere in the bowels of the rear bodywork with rose joints so is that now forbidden. :arse:  :arse:

At a time when I fear entries will be well down on previous years those useless ******s in Colnbrook have nothing better to do than force through more and more expensive alterations to perfectly safe hill-climb and sprint cars. :mad:  :mad: I have marshaled since 1976 and not dealt with one incident involving roll bar failure (in speed events).

Even the HSE work on the probability of an accident due to past experience when doing a risk assesment, but the MSA work on god alone knows what information to come up with these new regulations.

When the question of welded extensions first raised its ugly head I nearly changed it to a factory supplied roll bar, would have been well impressed if I had and now had to change again.

Some stability in the regulations would be very helpful. :durr:  :durr:

Sorry to hijack the thread ,should really be in message board, would transfer but being a computer numptie I don't know how to.

as and when the new rollbars become available and there is enough demand is it worth tring to do a deal with westfield for a bulk buy i will start the ball rolling by saying i want one

Paul is correct as the blue book is becoming a minefield of useless information.

The all welded roll bars have to have big plates welded on and a minimum number of bolts to fix in place. Might be ok on a saloon or rally car but its almost impossible on a road legal Westfield

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.