'Steel Xflow' Caterham @ Lydden

Gazza

Just rediscovered this classic in-car taster to Lydden.

I downloaded this from one of the L7CGB guys' website before my first Lydden event. Its very usefull as well as showing just how the car gets loose at Paddock and Chessons ...  and the top of Hairy Hill...

Plus its got a great steel Xflow sound track ...

Ive saved the file to my Rapidshare account. If you're not a subscriber, you can d/l for free - its only 17meg.

Download Link

Edited to say:

do a 'save as' and then view

• 6 months later...
Seems like a good time to BTT these vids for anyone still in doubt how sweet Lydden is... Im there for every track day and can't get enough of chasing other cars around it.

Entertaining it is but that ain't the fast way round Lydden :p

This is the quick way :t-up:

Yes, it's a great track, I maybe there next trackday, but deffo race day ;)

Ian - you're so right the yellow Caterham vid is just tyre abuse.

The youtube SEMSEC in-car action is superb proper action.

PS, Ive watched you in action in the SEMSEC series and its got me deperate to have a go myself as soon as I can manage it. Been getting into the 45's on the trackday laps on 32R's but want to enjoy proper wheel-to-wheel fun.

Oh, you should come and say hello, we all very friendly ;)

45's on list 1a's is pretty good, that would run middle of the 7 pack  :t-up:

If you want any help with lines or setup just ask :t-up:

We are at Brands on 12/09/09 :cool: looking forward to that :D

Have you seen Steve Garner in car you tube footage, he going round in low 43's, which is quick for a BEC round there ;)

all steel caterham sounded lovely.. yje guys just seemed to be having a laugh and enoying himself - trying to decide whether to do drifting or racing  :D

the radical didn't look that great - strange handmovements towards the driver of the seven - think he thought he shoudl just pull out of the way !! ?

Lap record seems to be a 38.3 by Rob Cox in a 1988 Lola LC88 F1 car...

Nick Algar's Gould did an 'unofficial' flying lap in 36.1  :oops:  :cool:  ;)

Entertaining it is but that ain't the fast way round Lydden :p

This is the quick way :t-up:

Yes, it's a great track, I maybe there next trackday, but deffo race day ;)

forgot to breath watching that :cool:

the radical didn't look that great - strange handmovements towards the driver of the seven - think he thought he shoudl just pull out of the way !! ?

The radical is an SR3 Kwakker job, both drivers of the Radical and R500 are very experienced, drive by the seat of their pants and front of the grid participants ;)  

They are also not in the same category of class which would explain why the Radical driver is p****d, but if the truth be known they are both racing for the chequered flag and that exclusive interview :cool:

pretty sure its an SR4 busa jobby... and agree he's prob going for the flag, but waving hands in frustration and some of the 'over' driving was less than sporting imho

looks like a fun circuit tho i must say  :)

Ooops... sorry yes your right it is an Sr4, he used to race a Kawasaki one year before last :blush:

Mark, there is NO such thing as 'sportmanship' in motor racing :laugh:  None at all :D

Everyone are mates in the racing paddock, then we take our brains out and put a helmet on :laugh:

Yep Lydden is a great 7 circuit ;)  :t-up: