• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveH

• Barry Ashcroft

• scooby

• Pilot Pete

Hi Barry, we'll be signing on from 7.30 and briefing at 8.30 followed by sighting laps and track time from 9.00.  We should have plenty of light to be able to run until 5.00 and there will be an hour for lunch.  If you were to miss the first briefing we can just sort you out whenever you land.

what are the chances of damaging the car if you spin off at oulton? i was told by a mate the ruts can be quite deep so the chances of bending a wishbon is higher.

it sounds good for me to come to to understand how the car feels when it goes as thats what i dont understand

It is a great day out Dom, good fun and a perfect way to learn what your car does when it goes into a slide, you can provoke understeer and oversteer with ease and get plenty of runs at the courses to practice how to correct it  :cool: .

The biggest problem for damage is where any kerbs have developed.  Whenever a car spins off, if the driver keeps the wheels spinning he will tend to dig a bit of gound up as he leaves the tarmac and hits the grass; naturally this always tends to happen in the same places and eventually a small drop off can occur.  Over the winter MSV has done repairs by adding extra width in concrete in the most vunerable and damaged areas so it should be pretty good this year although I haven't driven it myself since this was done.

TBH, on the two days we ran last year we only had one piece of damage which was to a tyre and again it was caused by a car leaving the tarmac and keeping his foot planted  :bangshead: .  It's the same as trackdays really, anyone sensible will take a look at the circuits and see the most obvious places where you don't want to go off and be a bit more careful there; everyone spins at some point but by building up your pace during the day the risks are really pretty low, especially when compared to learning how to do this on a road or trackday!

I've instructed in Caterhams round there and can't wait to have a go in my Westie  :)

Steve H

Steve, could you pm me the details for cadwell. I want to get the civic booked in.

Do I get double discount if I'm a member of the WSCC and CRX-UK! :D  :laugh:

Me & Muttley have booked the drift day should be a laugh.

will book march trackday, just waiting on the details

not sure if the teg will make it pete, looks like the westy will have to take its place

oh aye, you said it had had a bump, whats happened and are you still up for the NSSCC?

will book march trackday, just waiting on the details

not sure if the teg will make it pete, looks like the westy will have to take its place

PM sent  :)

Cadwell booked!

Should be a laugh, I might even get in to the swing of driving after years off!!

Me & Muttley have booked the drift day should be a laugh.

Never seen muttley drift well a part from when he's had too much to drink then he drifts off back to bed or is that sneaks off to bed ;)

C u all on saturday at Oulton, well those who are going!

Buzz

Did the Drift Day at Oulton Saturday, Cracking day out well organised great instruction and even great weather.

Was great fun drifting the TVR round the 2 stages not easy with big hp but a top crack.

For those wanting to do something a little different & to learn about there cars handling and balancing of power this is a must day out. Plus the added bonus of a near zero chance of doing any damage to your car.

I think another day is being arranged for May 9th so get booked and give it a try.

The only down side is it gets you hooked on playing so much that i've booked up for the cadwell track day.

Just got to get a spare standard exhaust as my car is 108db  :laugh:

14521.jpeg

Thanks for those comments Barry, I'm glad you had a good day and looking forward to seeing you at Cadwell  :cool: .

We had a couple of club members there on Saturday but sadly nobody except for me brought a Westfield along  :down:  so I had to check that it worked ok on the drift courses (just for quality control, obviously  ;) ) .........

Oultondrifting138.jpg

Oultondrifting128.jpg

I'm pleased to report that it works like a dream   :love:  .  Not as easy to do as in some of the standard jap drift kit but much more sensitive and lots of fun; I'm the organiser but I can't wait till the next one to have another go  :p

As Barry said, our next driftday is on May 9th.  Same deal as before, WSCC members £120 for the day (£140 otherwise), £10 for a passenger and £35 for an extra driver.  If you're interested in coming along please post up on here!

Cheers

Steve H