Trackday Invite for 2009

Club Chairman (Reserve)

Oulton in February and Cadwell in March read on

The first event is the driftday at Oulton Park on Saturday Feb 21st.  The cost for WSCC members is £120, £10 for passengers and £35 for extra drivers.  

The best way to describe the two drift stages at Oulton is that they look like two sprint courses but they have very little grip.  This allows drivers to break traction and slide the cars in a controlled environment and with very little load on the car or wear to the tyres.  It's a great fun day, smaller and more relaxed than a typical trackday and it always seems to get good feedback form the drivers; not the kind of thing that a lot of people think of doing but they all really enjoy it when they have a go.  We include instruction in the price of the day and find that people pick up the basics very quickly but the course is designed so that some corners can be sequenced from one drift to the next so there's plenty to go at without running out of challenges!

Image049.jpg

Second event is a bit more conventional!  Trackday on Friday March 27th at Cadwell Park.  Cost for WSCC members is £125, £10 for passengers and £35 for an extra driver.

This event will be open pitlane with free instruction available and we will be limiting numbers to ensure that everyone can get plenty of tracktime.  Not much more to say really other than that Cadwell is the best circuit in the country for cars that like corners so I'm hoping that we will get a good showing!

PM Steveh for booking and further details

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveH

• Barry Ashcroft

• scooby

• Pilot Pete

Thanks for that intro Mark, if anyone has any questions etc please post them up or pm me.  Discounts are for members only and will be sent by pm if requested or if you post up an interest on this thread.

Cheers

SteveH

*Edited to add*

Following the sucess of the Feb driftday (even if I was the only Westfield there  :down: ) we will be running another one on May 9th - all WSCC members welcome and discounts are still available  ;) .

You could be doing this...........

Oultondrifting138.jpg

Please post onto the end of this thread or PM me if you'd like to come  :)

Steve H

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in for the Cadwell day, was going to do Cadwell in March anyway so it would be great to have a good turn out of Westies.

Pm'd Steve.

Steve

Can I still come even if I have sold my westie, there is a good chance I will have bought a VX220 by then, so can I come and play?

Cheers

Kevin

umm sounds fun ... trouble is I have not got a proper roll bar - would this be a problem for the Oulton Park day - tbh this sounds like a very good way of getting to grips with my car  :devil:

Kevin, yes, no problem so long as you are still a WSCC member you can have the discounted rate.

Cleggy, so far as I'm aware any car that is road legal, ie has passed the sva etc is eligible, we had cars with "standard" Westfield roll bars at the trackday at Oulton in November.

I'll send PMs to the three of you with booking details etc  :t-up:

thanks for the PM ... will have a think about it ... it is a 3 hr drive and I have no weather gear ...lol

I will either book at the weekend or let you know if i wont be coming

Anyone else think of going local to me (Peterborough) ???

Sorry guys, gonna have to give it a miss, just dare not spend any serious money at the moment

PM sent.

Still places left on both events.........

• 3 weeks later...
One week to go now to the driftday and we have just a few places left, this is a great chance to practice your sideways skills without killing tyres (or lamp-posts!) so shout up if you fancy coming along!

now booked on to the cadwell day any ideas of numbers steve?

I think we are up to about 40 cars so far but it's capped at 60 so I think it will be full well before the day  :cool:

what are the chances of damaging the car if you spin off at oulton? i was told by a mate the ruts can be quite deep so the chances of bending a wishbon is higher.

it sounds good for me to come to to understand how the car feels when it goes as thats what i dont understand