2009 speed series regulations & entry

barney

When will the regs go from DRAFT form to official?

When approved by the MSA, sometime towards end of Jan would be my best guess, but it does depend on any queries / time to process. When they have I will be issuing the FINAL regs. to all competitors.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• cast iron

• Mark Stanton

• Gordon1987

Happy New Year to All!!

Just wondering a few things about the Sprint Series this year.

My father and i would like to enter our race-prepared Westfield.

We are struggling to work out the costs of getting involved though. Not wear and tear on the vehicle; But things like the entry costs for each event weekend i am struggling to find out. i know we need to sort out race licence too, think we have everything else sorted allready.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Harry.

Cheers.

Go by Gordon in some places, Harry in others! So all oK!

The other place for answers is here Speed Series Webpage then download the begineers guide. It has lots of useful info in. But remember that it was written in 2006, so check the other posts about Helmet regs/ Cats / Overalls. as these have recently been changed by the MSA for the beginning of 2009.

so about a month to register, are you ready to be snowed under :D

Why are they later this season?

• 2 weeks later...

Just decided to get my ar*e in gear for this year's sprint series - and have say;  Well done to Nick and the team - this years "fixture list" has got to be the most comprehensive ever!  Fantastic job - must have taken ages to put together.

Big thanks Nick. :p

Particularly looking forward to getting an entry at Epynt - my grannie had a house right by the entrance when I were a nipper :)

Paul - Get your  :arse: to the awards do and collect your 2008 trophies  :D  :D  :D  :D

News Update:

For anyone looking at updating their rollbar, please hold fire for a short while cos we hope to have some news very soon with regard to MSA compliant roll-bars.

News Update:

For anyone looking at updating their rollbar, please hold fire for a short while cos we hope to have some news very soon with regard to MSA compliant roll-bars.

what the devil better not affect the one i've just fitted!!

Where is this at moment. Is it a proposal for 2009 or 2010 and something to do with rear struts and only "approved designs"

Let us know as soon as you can Mark :durr:

Paul - Get your  :arse: to the awards do and collect your 2008 trophies  :D  :D  :D  :D

News Update:

Yavole mine capitan

Small Angry One instructed to get her best frock out and cheque in the post :p

Terry (et al)

WSC Ltd are currently looking at roll-bars with extra height to comply with 50mm above head height rule, without extra weld on hoops and also to do without rosejoint fitments  ;)  ;) this was something the MSA looked at last year but were not strictly enforcing in 08  ;)  :) Roll bars will be to designs as noted and detailed in the MSA Blue book.

2010 - might see full cages mandatory for some classes including non-roadgoing - but this is yet to be fully confirmed  ;)

Will my current roll bar design be ok?

Terry - For 2009 season your bar in your class should be o.k if you have no rose-joints and your head/skid-lid is a minimum of 50mm below the top of bar  :)  :)  :)

The 2009 Blue Book, see link in Sticky, has all the new regulations. The difficulty is knowing exactly how the MSA scrutineers and Officials are going to interpret them. Particularly regarding the classes that will be mandatory for 2010.

Hence Mark's comment. We are expecting that during 2009 a lot of the apparent issues will have been clarified and then we can go into 2010 with some certainty. Well it's nice to dream isn't it :D:D:D