• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Wtd: RAC- Type Hoop for narrowbody.

dhutch

Bit of a long shot, but before i get a new one made.

Hieght from mounts to top of bar to be around 500mm so my heads actaully under it.

Daniel

Do be careful that the MSA require your head whilst wearing a crash helmet should be 50mm below the top of the roll-bar  ;)  ;)

Yep, ive added a fair bit for helmet, clearence, and the engine being the next solid thing.

- Thats why it needs to be half a meter tall. Currently it stands at 335mm and is made of cheese.

Not planning on meating MSA anyway i dont think, half one ones ive seen use rosejoints which are apprently out, or else 1 1/2 tube rather then 1 3/4.

- Currently looking buying a 'kit' in the form of a bent hoop and some CDS tube to make myown.

Daniel

Bit of a long shot, but before i get a new one made.

Hieght from mounts to top of bar to be around 500mm so my heads actaully under it.

Daniel

500mm, thats quite alot, the westfield RAC one is only 410mm

the westfield RAC one is only 410mm

Martin - that's why the Westfield one just isn't high enough for many drivers and why you often see "hoops" welded on top - The Westfield bar does not comply to current MSA legislation in a number of areas  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :(  :down:

Best get one custom made by the likes of Procomp etc

Yeah well ive got quotes from a caged and procomp for either a bolt-on kit or a weld-on cage. And also prices from Fabicage and Custom Cages for a weld-together kit (ie a stack of bend cds tubes).

- The latter are around £170/190 although i would have to find someone im happy with the weld it up.

- Otherwise you looking at £350 for the caged bolt-on kit or £450 for the ProComp weld-in job fitted to the car.

You then have the option of if you want to go 1" 1/2, or 1" 3/4 and make it MSA complient.

And the option of adding a side impact bar and/or a petty strut down to the passenger foot well.

Daniel

I have the same height problem with roll bar.

Mark -where does the westie rollbar not comply with MSA regs?

I take it that you can't weld box section spacers to the base plates?

Steve

Mark -where does the westie rollbar not comply with MSA regs?

Height above drivers head (if you're above 5ft 7")

use of rose joints, fixings, radii  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:

Yeah from what ive hear rosejoint are right out, dia has to be 1 3/4 unless heavely tested, rules on several other bits.

- Im 6ft2 just under, so its also miles to low. Current road bar is 4inchs under my head before you even mention clearence and helmets.

Still not sure what i think of petty bars or side bars?

Daniel

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.