any plumbers out there

simmi

See new post I put this in the wrong listing

Calling all plumbers, Even though I am a builder, this is stumping me. I have an expansion tank in my loft next to the cold water tank and the overflow to this tank is running, The water in the tank is Hot and the 22mm pipe that is hooked over the top is dripping hot water into the the tank causing the tank to overflow. I have turned my pump down to the slowest speed but that's made no diffrence. The only way I can make it stop is draw some hot water off, but that's only short term.  The system has been in for at least 20 years and I have had no bother with it till now. I put a rad in last week but only picked up 2 capped pipes that were under the boards, but I did drain off. could this be the prob?

Any help would be greatfull

Neil

Hi, I am no plummer but did work for a heating and vent company for a while.  If your heating and hot water system is a vented system, then the small tank is the header for the central heating system and the overflow into it is the vent from the system / hot water tank.  If the hot water in the hot water storage tank gets too hot it will expand and overflow up the vent pipe.   Is the hot water from the taps very hot?  I suggest you check the thermostat on the tank.  

Hope this helps.

Raymond

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.