Covered Trailer

Up for some suggestions really, i have a 2008 minno max, and i want to have something that's covered  (good old english weather and all that!)

Up for some suggestions really, i have a 2008 minno max, and i want to have something that's covered  (good old english weather and all that!)

could always get your covered Carl, mine was £1100 all done  :t-up:  

Image016.jpg

Image017.jpg

I have wheel chocks at the front, drive up to the wheelchocks, one strap round the front wheel and ratcheted forward  pulls tight to chocks (accessed through the front door). and a 2x1 timber each side of the rear wheels stop it moving sideway and it never moves anywhere, did same in my shuttle   :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

also with a removable rear shelf it doubles up as 4 kart transporter  :durr:  :p

Image022.jpg

Looks like a nice simple design.... know any good aluminium suppliers?  :)

I'm kicking myself a little i bought a 5'7" minno max, my fat rear tyres are just slightly too wide, which may be an issue with a big body on top!

Looks like a nice simple design.... know any good aluminium suppliers?  :)

I'm kicking myself a little i bought a 5'7" minno max, my fat rear tyres are just slightly too wide, which may be an issue with a big body on top!

check the length also, I had to extend this trailer over the front to get the burgervan in and thats a short  :arse: compared to a westy  :oops:

dont think materials would be fortunes now, I got mine covered when scrap value was at its highest and materials were extra £100 than first quoted  :bangshead:

beware though Ive looked at a few homemade attempts at alli covering trailers for sale none of which I would care to own  :(   , most used steel frames which add loads of weight and also a reaction between the steel and alli panels which makes them corrode over time  ???  :suspect::oops: mine is alli frame which is partially welded/riveted and very lightweight   :t-up:

I paided £925 for my trailer second (third?) hand, which is a DIY built covered trailer. Angle iron chasis, light frame, ply base, thin cladding.

Depends what you budget it, have a look round raced and rallied, pistonheads, etc.

Daniel

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.