• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Performance Cams

custardtart

For sale are a set of virtually new performance cams for a 1.8 Zetec which I'll shortly be removing from my engine.

They are manufactured by Kent Cams for the 750 Motor Club competitors and have the follwoing part number KZ750FZ134. The kit contains lnlet and Exhaust Cams.

In reality they are the same as the Sports R FZ1802K Cams but have a unique serial number on them so that scrutineers can check competitors are using the right cams.

When fitted to my 1.8 Zetec with twin 40's and 36mm chokes the power went up by 28bhp and 30bhp increases are not uncommon. I have the rolling road before and after figures for the conversion which was done by Northampton Motorsport.

I ran the cams in on a track day at Pembrey in June, doing three 15 min sessions and always keeping below 4000 rpm.

Since then they have done 1 Sprint at Pembrey and a race weekend at Anglesey so virtually like new. The difference in power from before when using the standard 130ps cams is massive!

These can be bought new from Kent Cams for £625

These guys are selling them for £525.  https://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a=i&p=391FZ1802

Now reduced to £300.  :xmas:

Call or PM

Cheers

Matt

07973 808363

BTT - There's a few 1.8 Zetecs competing in the 750mc Kit Car championships that are using these cams on twin 40's with 36mm chokes with no headwork, just a 0.5mm overbore, and probably balanced craank, pistons,  that are getting over 190bhp.

My engine hasn't had an overbore, any balancing or headwork and was only producing 135bhp prior to these cams being fitted. I got a genuine 28bhp increase from fitting this cam with 36mm chokes and a rolling road session. Apparently it's not uncommon, Northampton Motorsport had seen a couple of other engines identical to mine that saw the same gains with this simple mod.  :)

Bargain at this price, will include postage to mainland UK too  :t-up:

• 4 weeks later...
Reduced to £300 (but that's your lot)- merry xmas  :xmas:

PM'd back.

Now I know which ones ;)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.