karts

JeffC

This is what fun looks like!  :laugh:  

airborn.jpg

thats defo got Logs name all over it and that kart looks more like the cow  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Race national B licence will cover you as Kart national B , you shouldn't have to actually go on novice plates either but thats up to you .

collect upgrade sigs at whatever races you do anyway be they kart of car .

i need to collect stuff this year so i can have an Int C kart next year ,though i think i can upgrade mid this year if i do 2 national A events which aint that easy in karts if not doing S1

Jeff Race national B licence will cover you as Kart national B , you shouldn't have to actually go on novice plates either but thats up to you .

collect upgrade sigs at whatever races you do anyway be they kart of car .

i need to collect stuff this year so i can have an Int C kart next year ,though i think i can upgrade mid this year if i do 2 national A events which aint that easy in karts if not doing S1

cheers Harv  :t-up:  :t-up:

now you are retired you could always race the kart though cap, will have to see if the do a senior-senior-senior/pensioner grid      

Thats definitely the class for me!  :t-up:  :t-up:

0036x.JPG

:)  :)

Edited to add, I think he's got a pair of your boots on JC.  :laugh:  :laugh:

That looks a bit like our secret project ;)

You boys at Tinside tomorow ???

sunday for us i think  :t-up:

Haweh Slipp, what have you bought!

Haweh Slipp, what have you bought!

see if Nessy knows, he gets over that way a fair bit  :oops:

And circuit racing at club level is much easier than karting trust me .

Harv, trust me your statement needs editing :laugh: and how would you know ???

I would agree racing in karting at MSA level is probably completely different to what the NE crew are currently experiencing, but circuit racing at club level is the grass roots of british motorsport and throughout the UK is very very competitive. Front of the grid is hectic, but it can be as armchair like as you wish, maybe thats what you see :suspect:  Racing in karting is a non contact sport (supposedly), if you have as much contact in circuit racing as karting, not only would will all be skint or dead but there would be NO racing, the governing body wouldn't allow it ;) For some reason in karting rule enforcemnet leaves a lot to be desired. Just because there is so much contact in karting, that does not make it any easier than circuit racing, in fact IMO it's easier because (A) You can nudge and lean on your other competitors and (B) you don't get critiscised by the C.O.C for doing it either.

Snow way is circuit racing much easier than karting, get real   :laugh:  :p  ;) PS Happy New Year

because i have raced at club level ..... just not in a 7 .

and being fair your correct , in some respects , but physically the demands of karting are harder , and "usually" you wouldn't have as much track time as you have in semsec , its not the norm .,but then your entering more than one championship in semsec to get the additional track time.

and when i said easier i was not in anyway suggesting less competitive at at all

easier as in less hectic , less physical requirement , etc , hence why i said at club level.

just a thought as well for the north east crew, remember price has doubled for 2009 practise to £40 unless you join the club  that gets you it for £30 , luckily you can pay by paypal so will be trawling the garage to stick some s***e on ebay to cover  :oops:

Harv, I'm not referring to competition either, but if you want to be at the front of something like a SEMSEC race it does not come easy ;) Just because it's club level, does not make the top end weak. At our brands events we see visiting drivers who are well known, had success from all over, but they never dominate our event ;)

I don't just do SEMSEC ;) In fact other organisations probably offer equivalent if not more track time for the buck.

Physically, I am knackered after a 20 minute race round Brands hatch and like wise I am knackered after going as fast as I can for 20 minutes in my Rotax Max round likes of Clay pigeon ;)

Now, if your talking about rib damage, I give you that :laugh: But I get no other ill effects from my Rotax max. Circuit racing gives me a bad back, stiff neck and stiff groin :p

I suspect the kart produces more G's than the Seven, but you know I'm useless regarding G G's. PS, my new car has a logger ;)

Karting is very physical and requires severe concerntration and alertness, circuit racing allows more time, but the speed differential some how means you CANNOT make a mistake.

Q.4.U. - Why in karting is there so much shall I say, bending of the rules or little enforcement???