karts

JeffC

Young ross was going well and still had time to check out the lass that spun out  :p  :p

Answer yer bleedin phone yer ninny! :laugh:  :D

Apparently they only have 2 hire kart sessions today at wardy laws, so could be a reasonable day! :)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

well i enjoyed that even with me encounter with the tyre wall :D  

And eventually caught and passed someone even if it was that 8 year old  :devil: RESULT  :D  :D  :laugh:

Young ross was going well and still had time to check out the lass that spun out  :p  :p

Good pics Scott you got to check out the talent you know :p  :cool:

Was a good day today feel as though with each session an improvement is being made :xmas:

Quite enjoyed today, the track wasn't super grippy but was fun. The new bridgy slicks were superb, better than the vega's although not out the box I think.

Whats the crack tomorrow then jefferey with the racing?

Been trying to access the regs actually, I have a feeling you do a warm up lap or two and theb a rolling start, sound right?. If thats the case you'll get chance to warm up the tyre's for the start of the race! :t-up:

I need to pop up either way, forgot to get me 72 sprocket! :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Whats the crack tomorrow then jefferey with the racing?

all loaded up ready to go, leaving home  8ish in the morn, dunno what the script is, will take it as it comes, really not expecting to come anywhere 2mrw  :( pretty sure the grid will me nearly all prokarts and think they will be a mare to pass in my kart  :(  under normal circumstances i would be hoping for rain but think at Warden Law its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other  ???  ???  :down:  :down:

cheers for the blast today, not sure I learned a lot other than im slower than you  :oops:  Dangler was impressive today but really hard work on me sides   :oops:  :0  :0

not sure I learned a lot other than im slower than you  :oops:

In all fairness, you had 1 session on the kart and I didn't have any weight on, I dont think its a representative lap time.

My fastest lap was a 1.01.80 in the end. How these boys are getting round in 58 seconds is beyond me! I know it wasn't a grippy day but 3 seconds, thats a lifetime!!!

Found some lap records:

Comer - 59.33

WTP - 58.98

Mini Max - 53.33

Junior Rotax - 51.59

Rotax Max - 51.12

I dont have a clue where a prokart/wf fits in there though. Same as the WTP perhaps???

the kid i was talking to in the junior tkm was doing 58s today , he said his best in warmer times was late 55s so today the track was loosing a good 3 seconds,  Pete in the Dangler was doing 55s and im sure they will be comparable times to rotax times so you at 1.01 prob isnt a million miles away.. In races ive seen prokarts and cadets are very similar  :oops:  

we really need to get you doing consistant times then add your ballast and see what bearing that has on times, I was pushing your kart reall hard and not sure i could have gone a lot quicker  ???  ???  best will in the world I may have managed a 1.03 dead bu really think that would have been something else on  todays track  ???  ???

your thoughts  :D  :D  :D

the kid i was talking to in the junior tkm was doing 58s today , he said his best in warmer times was late 55s so today the track was loosing a good 3 seconds,  Pete in the Dangler was doing 55s and im sure they will be comparable times to rotax times so you at 1.01 prob isnt a million miles away.. In races ive seen prokarts and cadets are very similar  :oops:  

we really need to get you doing consistant times then add your ballast and see what bearing that has on times, I was pushing your kart reall hard and not sure i could have gone a lot quicker  ???  ???  best will in the world I may have managed a 1.03 dead bu really think that would have been something else on  todays track  ???  ???

your thoughts  :D  :D  :D

I just cant imagine going faster than that to get to a 58, it felt hellish quick!

I was doing consistent 101.9-1.02.0 dead in that session, so still way way way way off the pace!

Still, a good laff either way! :t-up:

Do'nt knock yourselfes boys, I truly think you will be on a race pace if your karts are all equall. The only true reflection is to race against them and not get dissheartened!!

Well, my best time today was a low 1-05, think I could have scraped into the '04s... :oops:

Have studied the camera footage, and it's obvious I'm loosing time to Pete in two places, the first half of the lap, and the second!  :laugh:

And the obligatory pics:

DSCF4862s.jpg

DSCF4868s.jpg

DSCF4871s.jpg

DSCF4888s.jpg

DSCF4892s.jpg

DSCF4903s.jpg

DSCF4916s.jpg

DSCF4910s.jpg

Right talk to me tyres if i was to race on Tuesday.

Currently i have dunlop SL1 Slick tyres and mojo wets

Looking at the teeside regs the SL1's are not legal and neither are my wets :(

out tof the two slick tyres which ones are better??

Karline or Bridgestone YDS?

and Wets

Kartline or Sava

Thanks

Ross

Right talk to me tyres if i was to race on Tuesday.

Currently i have dunlop SL1 Slick tyres and mojo wets

Looking at the teeside regs the SL1's are not legal and neither are my wets :(

out tof the two slick tyres which ones are better??

Karline or Bridgestone YDS?

and Wets

Kartline or Sava

Thanks

Ross

I would go on e-gay, see what the majority of pro-karts have been sold with, might give you a clue.

Bad luck today jefferey, think its time to learn how to set up a kart and not just wing it like we usually do!

Caps got some reasonable pics which I'm sure he'll put up shortly.

Will have a good look at my kart and tyre's tomorrow, see if its worth me having a go on tuesday, I am sorely tempted. Weather looks ok too! :t-up:

Ross has got the bug  :p  :p  :p

are you sure that info is correct? I think the prokarts today were on Dunlop sl? wets and they were in a different league to what i was on  :0  :0  :0

if you dont want to spend money just do what im doing with the boy, just enter on what you have and get disqualified at the end you still get to race but you dont get a pot, but if Petes doing it you wont get the gold pot anyway  :oops:  :D  :D

despite all I really enjoyed today, sort of went from hero to zero in the changing conditions, that sure is a changeable track  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

think tinside have the info wrong, from tyne and wear kart club  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

Twin Senior Honda

Dunlop SL1 slicks. Dunlop KT3 wets or Bridgestone YJL slicks & YGR wets

Min weight 180 kg for both with white number boards with black numbers ( Elite ) or blue with white numbers ( Clubman )

Standard unmodified Honda GX160 engines. If non standard exhausts are fitted they must be sealed by Prokart Engineering (Jeff Johnson) 01329 289783. The championship will be run to the UK accepted Honda GX160 Technical Regulations, details of which can be found at:

http://www.ratpro.co.uk/chal/regulations Version 3 2008 or an updated version as and when it is released. The T&W Kart Club management (Peter Knibb, Bill Routledge and Ian Lawson) will decide which class any one driver should race in if it is felt that any one driver is in the wrong class.

World Formula

Good day was had.... well done to JC in the changing conditions. Made the tyre selection a bit hit and miss!

Some pics:

DSCF4929s.jpg

DSCF4930s.jpg

DSCF4932s.jpg

DSCF4937s.jpg

DSCF4944s.jpg

DSCF4959s.jpg

DSCF4960s.jpg

DSCF4963s.jpg

:t-up:  :t-up:  :)  :)