Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

bit late to get them to the publishers to get made into cards  :D  :D  :D

ps you really need to get a job and fast  :laugh:  :laugh:

Cant make sunday karting so was thinkin a trip out tomorrow or monday for me. Anyone fancy a trip out either day.

Ross what sprockets are you running front and back

Photos from christmas eve will follow at some point over weekend

Cant make sunday karting so was thinkin a trip out tomorrow or monday for me. Anyone fancy a trip out either day.

Ross what sprockets are you running front and back

Photos from christmas eve will follow at some point over weekend

Wouldn't be able to make tomorrow, need some bits for me kart, might be able to make monday, not sure. Dont even know if it'll be open monday?

[EDIT]Unless Wardy Laws is open tomorrow, could get me bits from prosport then drop in to warden law! :)

Talk to me sprocket gods!

Right, the kart had some serious top speed last time which we put down to the 17t front sprocket. It was now thought that a 70 rear sprocket will be too small for when I put the weight back on. HOWEVER, what I have forgotten is that this sprocket has been on since November! We did this vid here with the weight still on and the 17t front sprocket.

I dont particuarly remember the kart feeling slow on that day.

So new thinking. I'm still going to try a 72, but could  the reason the kart felt a bit sluggish out the corners at the weekend be more down to the split manifold rubber??? :suspect:

Anyway, heading up prosport tomorrow am to get some bits, anyone need owt?

Pete ref the video Im not 100% sure but i think im on the paggered regulation wets in that vid that may explain you appearing to be doing well getting out the corners compared to my pace ???

i had a split carb thingie and I couldnt tell driving mine, and couldnt tell any difference when i replaced it  :oops:

I was on a 74 last time at Tinside and it was on the limiter everywhere, Ive now fitted a 72 which is what the boy was on and I would say he was middle ground between us 2  :suspect:

just got your message ref prosport, he should have an envelope up there for me with £180 in it,can you tell him to keep hold of it. Can you get me a 70 tooth for the boys wf while you are up there  :t-up:

Pete ref the video Im not 100% sure but i think im on the paggered regulation wets in that vid that may explain you appearing to be doing well getting out the corners compared to my pace ???

i had a split carb thingie and I couldnt tell driving mine, and couldnt tell any difference when i replaced it  :oops:

I was on a 74 last time at Tinside and it was on the limiter everywhere, Ive now fitted a 72 which is what the boy was on and I would say he was middle ground between us 2  :suspect:

just got your message ref prosport, he should have an envelope up there for me with £180 in it,can you tell him to keep hold of it. Can you get me a 70 tooth for the boys wf while you are up there  :t-up:

I wasn't really comparing it to your kart tbh, just thinking I dont remember it feeling slow that day, felt fine from what I remember.

It just doesn't sound like its bogging as much when you compare the raw footage.

Will do on the sprocket. Gonna phone warden law at 9am to see if its open tomorrow, if it is, will take the kart up as well!

was that the same day me and you jumped on Logs kart and give chase to the gem muncher  ???  ??? if it was It was going ok, in saying that I dint find yours brilliant out the top corner when I was in last time but was aesome on the straights   :D  :suspect:  :suspect:

I know when log dropped to a smaller sprocket his bogged down compared to mine again out the top corners and I could get a decent gap big enough to hold him off down the straights , tricky one and will be trial and error no doubt but  Im sure my kart with my mass  on and a 70 mine would be useless  :oops:  :down:  :down:

was that the same day me and you jumped on Logs kart and give chase to the gem muncher  ???  ??? if it was It was going ok, in saying that I dint find yours brilliant out the top corner when I was in last time but was aesome on the straights   :D  :suspect:  :suspect:

I know when log dropped to a smaller sprocket his bogged down compared to mine again out the top corners and I could get a decent gap big enough to hold him off down the straights , tricky one and will be trial and error no doubt but  Im sure my kart with my mass  on and a 70 mine would be useless  :oops:  :down:  :down:

It was but bobs engine was having its own boggy issues that day iirc. What was the problem with bobs that time? Cant remember now. :suspect:

Will just have to stick the weight on and see what happens. Either way I think a 72 or even a 74 will be better. Thinking of how long I was on the rev limiter, the extra top speed wont count for a lot on the lap time I dont think wheras more acceleration might be more helpful for overtaking.

Probably worth trading a few tenth's if it makes overtaking easier.