karts

JeffC

Pete when you changed your front sprocket when you put Marks spare on did you count the teeth ? if it was a 17 that would make more sense  :suspect:  :suspect:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

The wheels are set narrower on the back of mine to promote the back end to move around a bit. Might have been worth a try on yours actually.

from what the guy told me last night, moving the wheels in gives you more grip  ???

not strictly true ....  but gives the effect that it can bind up the rear .

Try for wets just moving the rears in 5mm per side and then running extended hubs on the front .

you should also run short hubs on the rear in the wet .

a data logger will help you see whats going on and make the laptimes mean something .

you should get a second hand mychron3 gold fairly cheapish now.

The wheels are set narrower on the back of mine to promote the back end to move around a bit. Might have been worth a try on yours actually.

from what the guy told me last night, moving the wheels in gives you more grip  ???

Jeff,

Moving the rear wheels closer together overall reducing the rear track will help unload the rear inside wheel by reducing the radius between the two rear tyres.

Bob

I was speaking to Jeff last night about the problem with my engine which could be one that you have experirenced with the jkey snapping for the timing. What is the easiest way to have a look at this?

Thanks

Ross

not strictly true ....  but gives the effect that it can bind up the rear .

Try for wets just moving the rears in 5mm per side and then running extended hubs on the front .

you should also run short hubs on the rear in the wet .

a data logger will help you see whats going on and make the laptimes mean something .

you should get a second hand mychron3 gold fairly cheapish now.

as was damp yesterday rightly or wrongly when I switched to slicks I left the fronts on a wet setting right out and on extended hubs to give me more grip at the front , it will be trial and error next time out  but I think this is what was making the rears slow down  :suspect:  :suspect:

Pete when you changed your front sprocket when you put Marks spare on did you count the teeth ? if it was a 17 that would make more sense  :suspect:  :suspect:

I was thinking the very same thing late last night as when I put it in the calculator it got 53mph!!! 3 mph would be very noticeable. Probably means if I put my weight back on it'll bog, having said that, did it bog with your good self on it?

Bob, if thats the case, Dan will be having a very good xmas this year! :D  :laugh:  :D  :laugh:

BTW, is anyone heading up pro-sport anytime soon? need one of these. Mine has split.

Also, must have been pulling some good G yesterday, feel a lot stiffer than usual and I'm not on FHM.com either. :D

I was thinking the very same thing late last night as when I put it in the calculator it got 53mph!!! 3 mph would be very noticeable. Probably means if I put my weight back on it'll bog, having said that, did it bog with your good self on it?

Bob, if thats the case, Dan will be having a very good xmas this year! :D  :laugh:  :D  :laugh:

Just had a quick count of sprocket teeth.. :blush:  :blush:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :blush:  :oops:  :oops:  ;)  ;)  :D   Can confirm there are 17 on the front sprocket.  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

.......sure I've got better things to do.. :laugh:

Weyhey, possibly why she felt a little bit lack lustre then out the slow corners, not bad or boggy, just not quick.

Probably also why I couldn't get dippy with my magic switchback manouvre.

Was awesome in a straight line though! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

that explains a lot  :angry:  :angry:

mark my words my boy will be getting a 70 tooth or even a 68 tooth for the rematch, 47seconds here he comes :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Good thing I didn't change to a 68 like I was thinking! :laugh:

BTW: What am I doing then gents with ballast, if I stay un-ballasted I can play with wee dan and dippy, if I ballast up, I can play with Jefferey, Ross mark scott etc. Or do we ballast young uns and dippys! :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

mark my words my boy will be getting a 70 tooth or even a 68 tooth for the rematch, 47seconds here he comes :laugh:  :laugh:

BTW: What am I doing then gents with ballast, if I stay un-ballasted I can play with wee dan and dippy, if I ballast up, I can play with Jefferey, Ross mark scott etc. Or do we ballast young uns and dippys! :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Depends i think if you want to race or not!

As if you want to race it would be better being the correct weight and learning how the kart behaves with the ballast.

If you do not want to race then it up to you

ballast the lightweights ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :oops:

I dont want to race, but it should be more fun when were all in the same boat. However this weekend was awesome, but kinda felt sorry for the heavyweights. Would be better if we were all the same I reckon! :)

I dont want to race, but it should be more fun when were all in the same boat. However this weekend was awesome, but kinda felt sorry for the heavyweights. Would be better if we were all the same I reckon! :)

It would put every one on a level playing feel because i can't help how tall i am!

It would put every one on a level playing feel because i can't help how tall i am!

Talking of being on a level playing field, here's Bob on one.. ;)

DSCF4747s.jpg

:devil:  :devil: