karts

JeffC

Think I am going to have come down one Sunday and have a crack, anyone willing give me a go in their kart I am a careful driver and never cach or break anything :oops:

I'm after

10mm thick flat bar

1000mm long or in x2 500mm lengths

50mm across/width

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I am going to have come down one Sunday and have a crack, anyone willing give me a go in their kart I am a careful driver and never cach or break anything :oops:

I'm after

10mm thick flat bar

1000mm long or in x2 500mm lengths

50mm across/width

Yep, can't do that unfortunatly! :(

Parsons & Crossland might be able to help you, they're located in boro. I know they do bar, not sure if its that thick though.

well hungover today so didn't make it.

Too many ales and yegermeisters last night.

just had an interesting conversation with a lad  with reference to my woes today with it what i thought was cutting out in the big corners..

he is 100% sure it is too much rear end grip and thats what slows it down, going into the big corner it was at 7,000rpm time i came out the other side it was 6400rpm  :arse:  :bangshead: he said I need to get the rear wheel in the air or reduce the rear grip by moving the wheels out  :suspect:  :suspect:

it kind of makes sense as It never did it first few laps  when tyres were cold it would hold 6850rpm exiting  :t-up:  so buying new slicks has ended up making me slower  :arse:  :arse:

other thing I changed was fitting wider front hubs sending the front wheel further out ? do you think this would make the rear end more grippier or perhaps harder to lift an inside rear  ???  ???

was asking a lad the other day how to improve the rear end grip and 1 thing he mentioned was go wider at front

I havent got the rev counter on mine, but the revs drop when I go round the big corner. I think he's right in what he says but cant see it making you slower. I think s***e in the carb or something like that might be more to do with it. My kart was doing the same a while ago if you remember, then next time out is was fine. Bizarre!

Also, littluns kart on the new slicks seemed ok.

Anyway, some piccies.

9-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

7-3.jpg

6-4.jpg

5-6.jpg

4-7.jpg

3-8.jpg

23.jpg

crackin Pics cap u da man  ;)  :t-up:  :t-up:

Pete I swapped carbs/fuel pump/ plug/ and checked everything, I think the guy is talking sense  :suspect:  :suspect: plus the boy hasnt got enough weight for the tyres to grip plus its on a different chassis  :suspect:  :suspect:

Unfortunatly dont do bar slipp mate, just do sheet. What exactly are you after???

Here's a wee bit of footage using "f'in in the bush's"!!

Will be more going up at some point.

Just to summarise my day, was fantastic, had some real good battles with dippy and young dan. We were exchanging times all day, was really  good craic. Not sure whether to ballast mine up now or not really, will have a think about that one.

the boy was close to running in the back of you at 1,30 Pieere  :oops:  :D  :D that was the session he bollocked me and dippy for holding him up  :arse:  :mad:  :mad:  :D

Pete I swapped carbs/fuel pump/ plug/ and checked everything, I think the guy is talking sense  :suspect:  :suspect: plus the boy hasnt got enough weight for the tyres to grip plus its on a different chassis  :suspect:  :suspect:

I dont doubt he is correct, he is right, but just wouldn't have thought it would have caused something so durastic. Maybe should have tried them slicks if their as grippy as you say. I was fairly impressed with the 2nd hand vega's though tbh, what did you think of them? :suspect:

I dont doubt he is correct, he is right, but just wouldn't have thought it would have caused something so durastic. Maybe should have tried them slicks if their as grippy as you say. I was fairly impressed with the 2nd hand vega's though tbh, what did you think of them? :suspect:

aye convinced hes right the more i dwell on it  :D never did it this morn on the bald wets, only started when i put new slicks on  :t-up:

your kart felt very much like mine Pete , front end on yours went where ever you put it,only negative if it was one , the back end was very loose  where my kart bogged in the big corner yours went sideways  :0  :0  

I checked lap times on yout kart and was lapping on the same pace as i did in mine , one thing I did rate on your kart on is the gearing, its perfect for that circuit with the bus stop out , strange thing is though mine is on a 74/17 and yours a 71/16 that should have been the same speed at max revs? wonder if your limiter is slightly higher giving you that extra speed  ???  ??? the boys kart was on a 72/17 and cant say he seemed as quick as you top end something doesnt add up  :durr:  ?

Here is a good one. Re the bus stop: most of the karts were on the limiter before the bus stop so if you put that into relation as to where you "lift" for the bus stop then I think a 1 second deduction on time is too much as we take the top corner flat anyway. Any thoughts?

The wheels are set narrower on the back of mine to promote the back end to move around a bit. Might have been worth a try on yours actually.

from what the guy told me last night, moving the wheels in gives you more grip  ???