karts

JeffC

smallest sprocket I have is 68

I'll have it with me Sunday or your welcome to pop round and get it ,if you want to fit it today

you will probably need a smaller one but it may just do for tomorrow.!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

smallest sprocket I have is 68

I'll have it with me Sunday or your welcome to pop round and get it ,if you want to fit it today

you will probably need a smaller one but it may just do for tomorrow.!

68t will get us to 44mph, now you're talking!! :laugh:  :laugh: ...provided I can disconnect the govenor, and providing it'll do 6000rpm!  :blush:  :blush:

May pop round later Mark. Pete should be back from his UK tour by about 4pm.  :oops:

I hope you do pop round captain as I'm home alone and not sure how I'm going to load the kart into the van ready for an early start in the morning  :laugh:

I hope you do pop round captain as I'm home alone

home_alone.jpg

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Well, I've been looking at the govenor on the kart. Cant figure it out.  :blush:   I can adjust it so it revs higher, but it also takes the tick over up.  :bangshead:  Cant see how to disconnect it alltogether and still have contol over the throttle butterfly.  :(  :(

Giz a clue.  :t-up:  :t-up:

If its like mine, you disconect it from the black butterfly thing, you then have to reshape it to fit the hand throttle, if you look at another all will be revealed, I did mine with 2 pairs of pliars and it works spot on , will show you once Petes got bored of 4,000rpm, so about 9.02 am I reckon  :laugh:  :oops:

do we have a full team out 2mrw then ? Log is picking me up 8.15 , weather is dry /sunny and -1  :0  :D  :D  all our karts are on slicks  :xmas:  :xmas:

I think we do!

Had a good run round the country today, got back just before 3, wasn't a lot of traffic, probably put off by the horrendous fog!

Need to get the damn governer off this kart, will not accept 4000rpm!!! or 4600 where its at now. We've revved it to 5800 there and it sounds :cool:

Might leave the ancient bridgestones on the 1st session or two, it'll handle like complete A*** but will be ok for a shakedown test I guess. Dont want to go too fast, need to make sure the brake and mount work ok! :oops:

Pete are you not taken the WF as well  ???

well if I manage to get the kart in the van I'll be there early doors

I'm still on the crap Dunlop slicks as I want to extend the rear wheel hubs a bit as I have been running them all the way in since I got the kart ,to see if it cures any of the under steer I suffer from

I'll swap to the Bridgestones during the day and compare like for like in same conditions

divant forget that bumper has a £50 surcharge on it, so dont be holding us all up in case you get rear ended  :oops:  :devil:

Pete are you not taken the WF as well  ???

well if I manage to get the kart in the van I'll be there early doors

I'm still on the crap Dunlop slicks as I want to extend the rear wheel hubs a bit as I have been running them all the way in since I got the kart ,to see if it cures any of the under steer I suffer from

I'll swap to the Bridgestones during the day and compare like for like in same conditions

Yeah, should be taking both so I can still get me kicks whooping you lot at some point!

The scrap is going to be significantly slower in a straight line though. We haven't fully managed to get the govener off but have got it to come in at 5500rpm which to be fair is probably all I want to rev it too anyway.

Means I can now put the alfano on the birel! :t-up:

Geoff, there is no B&D items on there whatsoever! :devil:  :devil:  :p  :D

divant forget that bumper has a £50 surcharge on it, so dont be holding us all up in case you get rear ended  :oops:  :devil:

If you rear end us I'm gonna jump in that birel and push your lad round into the 50's so you have to buy him them shoes!!! :p

If you rear end us I'm gonna jump in that birel and push your lad round into the 50's so you have to buy him them shoes!!! :p

he will be fully telephonically equipped 2mrw so I can shout at him from the side lines  :oops:  :blush:  :blush:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Need to get the damn governer off this kart, will not accept 4000rpm!!! or 4600 where its at now. We've revved it to 5800 there and it sounds :cool:

Pete, I will take the governor off between setions tommorrow, it is very easy.

Is that thing completely held together with lumps of B&D?  

Would you believe I've been finished at B&D one day, and I had to go to B&Q to buy some long bolts to fit the rear bumper!  :(

Pete, I will take the governor off between setions tommorrow, it is very easy.

Have fitted the 74t sprocket on, if it doesn't rev out there'll be no need to remove the governer, .....gov.  :D

:D  :D   Wonder what all your lap times will be like with an extra (mobile) chicane in the circuit.  :laugh:  :laugh:

DSCF4597s.jpg

is that a bottle of tippex on the engine?

Is it to give you a buzz as you crawl round  ;)

No kart yet was too blooming slow this morning  :down:

Enjoy your days play. I'll probs not make it down me mates back from mexico for 3 days as hes workin out there so think this quiet couple of beers tonight will be a monster session  :t-up: