karts

JeffC

have heard 5700revs but his seemed happy to rev at 6k all day  :oops:

aye, but its pulling naff all! :D

Will check the restrictor thingy tomorrow and might mount the alfano to the scrap to see whats happening.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

have heard 5700revs but his seemed happy to rev at 6k all day  :oops:

aye, but its pulling naff all! :D

Will check the restrictor thingy tomorrow and might mount the alfano to the scrap to see whats happening.

could you mount your alfano so its semi quick release? could do with the use of yours for a bit of fault diagnosis with mine  :suspect:  :suspect:  for some reason mine doesnt seem to want to work everytime dunno if its the track though as Ross seems to get the same problem  :suspect:  :suspect:

Ryan was pulling flat out on the back straight with a 79 tooth, swapped to 76 and hes still at 6200rpm so ive fitted a new 74 for him for Sunday , reckon that will be right,as Ben had a 72 and seemd to be bogging slightly on the switchback,  dippy runs a 72 tooth and he cant rev his out  :suspect:

ps.  this is with a 20 tooth front though  :t-up:

You dont 'alf talk a load of old sprockets!!  ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:

you not retired yet Captain   :D  :D

Ryan was pulling flat out on the back straight with a 79 tooth, swapped to 76 and hes still at 6200rpm so ive fitted a new 74 for him for Sunday , reckon that will be right,as Ben had a 72 and seemd to be bogging slightly on the switchback,  dippy runs a 72 tooth and he cant rev his out  :suspect:

ps.  this is with a 20 tooth front though  :t-up:

You dont 'alf talk a load of old sprockets!!  ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:

you not retired yet Captain   :D  :D

Yup, gentleman of leisure, as of today.  :( ...If only it were that easy.. :oops:  :oops:  I think I'll have to start charging Pete for my karting services.  :D  :D

aye you will be climbing the walls with boredom in no time  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

welcome to my world  :down:  :down:

was that bored this week ive been doing diy round the house  :durr:   ripped my fireplace and chimney breast out , built back  up , replastered the wall , painted and fitted a stove  :suspect:  :suspect:  :D  :D

looks good though and give me something to do  :oops:   :p

Is scaturday looking better weather wise? :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

Gannin down brum and manchester now saturday. :down:  :(

Just looking on t'bay, if ash=item230308636518&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318" target="_blank">this is worth that, there must be a bit of profit to be made in the scrap once tidied etc.

I am really hoping it will handle ok, I have a lot of enthusiasm for the GX390 project!

Thunder kart , Thunder kart , Thunder kart .  Hooo

Yep, hopefully. But will have a less thunderous 6.5hp on Sunday. :(

Pete

just been up warden law and the hire karts up there run single engine gx390s so you have allready been on one as thats what we were on last time   :D  :D

they are on gas but the guy reckons they are no worse performance than on petrol and they run the same as the twin engined prokarts , you need to run a huge chain and thich rear sprocket, all of which they have in stock up there  :t-up:

Pete

just been up warden law and the hire karts up there run single engine gx390s so you have allready been on one as thats what we were on last time   :D  :D

they are on gas but the guy reckons they are no worse performance than on petrol and they run the same as the twin engined prokarts , you need to run a huge chain and thich rear sprocket, all of which they have in stock up there  :t-up:

Cooooool! It just gets easier and easier!!!

I hope this thing corners ok!!! :)

Didn't think we'd been on the 390's as the ones we went on had the pedals on the same side, thought they were 200's.

Got home to find the cap has done some stirling work, she's finished minus a rear bumper!

I've just driven her about 4 metre's in the garage, feels quite punchy off the marque actually, maybe havent driven one for a while.

[EDIT] Oh yeah. weighed it, and it only weighs 64kg!!!

I knew it was a lump lighter than my birel but thats amazing!

Got home to find the cap has done some stirling work, she's finished minus a rear bumper!

I've just driven her about 4 metre's in the garage, feels quite punchy off the marque actually, maybe havent driven one for a while.

[EDIT] Oh yeah. weighed it, and it only weighs 64kg!!!

I knew it was a lump lighter than my birel but thats amazing!

you will need to ballast it to Prokart spec so you need it at 180kg  :laugh: you and the captain could drive it together  :p  :p  :p

BALLAST!!!! You know where to go with that Jefferey! :p

I reckon it has about 47bhp per T with me in it compared to 66bhp per T with dippy in his pro-kart and 86 bhp per T with you in yer Monza!

Mark, looks pretty much the same as the last pic, but taken some more anyway:

DSCF4592.jpg

DSCF4591.jpg