karts

JeffC

Its finally looking like a kart:

DSC00140.jpg

Still loads to do, things waiting for. Not sure she'll be at teeside this weekend or not.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

are you ready kids  :D  :D  :D

"The Nail" is still in bits  :( but hopeful it'll be finished for Sunday, taken quite a bit of weight off ???

New wheels, tyres, bodywork, sprockets and chains should see it a bit quicker/prettier, even blagged a trailer from my favorite brother :D

Hopefully see you kids there :D

taken quite a bit of weight off ???

u forget to take your bait to work this week biglad  :oops:

We will be thereagain this weekend, may take the size 10 slipper to inspire the children  :oops:  :D  :durr:

taken quite a bit of weight off ???

u forget to take your bait to work this week biglad  :oops:

:D  :D Up yours Cooper, my slipper is bigger than yours :D  :D

u have to catch me first  :laugh:  :oops:

Thats not too hard. :sheep:  :devil:

Looking forward to seeing the re-juvinated nail. :t-up:

Got me alfano today as well, just tested it, seems to all work, revved the scrap to the dizzy heights of 4000rpm, its just like a pinto! :D

sounds like the scrap still has the restrictor fitted Pieerrrrrrreeeee, the bairns kart was like that, removed it and 6200 rpm here we come  :D  :D

have a look on the block see if there is a rod coming out the crankcase going to the carb if there is it needs removing  ;)  :t-up:

looking like Sunday for us this week  ???  :suspect:  :suspect:  :t-up:

sounds like the scrap still has the restrictor fitted Pieerrrrrrreeeee, the bairns kart was like that, removed it and 6200 rpm here we come  :D  :D

have a look on the block see if there is a rod coming out the crankcase going to the carb if there is it needs removing  ;)  :t-up:

looking like Sunday for us this week  ???  :suspect:  :suspect:  :t-up:

I didn't actually try revving it any further, so should really give that a go to see if the restrictor is still on. :suspect:

She's got a brake now! :t-up:

Cant believe I missed a rear bumper on ebay though, set me allarme for 8.55 instead of 20.55! It went for 99p!!! FU(K!!!!

Have you and bob got a spare I could possibly lend if I managed to get it ready for sunday?

yeh will take a skeg 2mrw and see what the tonikart has on it  :suspect:  :suspect:

have you changed sprockets yet? am popping to pick our Ryan a new front nassau panel 2mrw if anyone needs oooot let me know  :t-up:

yeh will take a skeg 2mrw and see what the tonikart has on it  :suspect:  :suspect:

have you changed sprockets yet? am popping to pick our Ryan a new front nassau panel 2mrw if anyone needs oooot let me know  :t-up:

Havent changed sprockets, not sure if its worth it really, its going to be slow either way. What do the pro kart boys run, I imagine with less power I want to be slightly bigger than whatever there running.

Ryan was pulling flat out on the back straight with a 79 tooth, swapped to 76 and hes still at 6200rpm so ive fitted a new 74 for him for Sunday , reckon that will be right,as Ben had a 72 and seemd to be bogging slightly on the switchback,  dippy runs a 72 tooth and he cant rev his out  :suspect:

ps.  this is with a 20 tooth front though  :t-up:

Ryan was pulling flat out on the back straight with a 79 tooth, swapped to 76 and hes still at 6200rpm so ive fitted a new 74 for him for Sunday , reckon that will be right,as Ben had a 72 and seemd to be bogging slightly on the switchback,  dippy runs a 72 tooth and he cant rev his out  :suspect:

ps.  this is with a 20 tooth front though  :t-up:

You dont 'alf talk a load of old sprockets!!  ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:

I think a 74 could be the answer then which I've got. Dippy's has 4.5 hp more so I need something a bit bigger I reckon. Will have to check the front sprocket tomorrow. :t-up:

What are these GX engines safe to rev too then?