karts

JeffC

unles its an 07 or newer the brake is pants , i hated my 06 ,never got on with it  and hated the brake .

and its got enough adjustments to really get him in a pickle.

Harv, is that extra bit for a bar then? is it a stiffening bar or just something to mount another engine on?

This is exactly what its for, dont want to fiddle with me birel, but will mess about with this thing all day.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

unles its an 07 or newer the brake is pants , i hated my 06 ,never got on with it  and hated the brake .

I would argue comparing it to what hes bought today its like comparing a robin hood to a Ca terham in terms of engineering  :oops:

Harv.. would i be right in thinking the cold temps today would effect my 6 stone boy considerably more than it effected me at double (and a bit ) his weight  :suspect:  :suspect: just analising his preformance as his brother didnt seem quite so effected on a cadet kart with much skinnier tyres :suspect:  :suspect: we increased pressures but it didnt seem to help him  much :suspect: or was he just s***e today and needs a dose of the slipper and early bed  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  

(competive dad) :D  :D

Good day today, setup changes really worked well, was setting really good times until I reduced my tyres to canvas but this day was a really good test for next week and with new rubber I think there will be a few good battles.

Still think AJ Coop and Pete will take some catching but I am confident :p  :p  :p

Good look with the "new" kart Pete, pop round if you need any parts :suspect:

Good day today, setup changes really worked well, was setting really good times until I reduced my tyres to canvas but this day was a really good test for next week and with new rubber I think there will be a few good battles.

Still think AJ Coop and Pete will take some catching but I am confident :p  :p  :p

Good look with the "new" kart Pete, pop round if you need any parts :suspect:

Bob, might pop round tomorrow, just could do with seeing the mounts on your pro kart engines. :t-up:

Pierre

they mount pretty much the same as wf engines do with top and bottom brackets, you can buy a universal fixing kit I was told. the bottom brackets are about a tenner each as Ive just put new ones on Ryans kart  :t-up:

think this would have been a better buy looking at the performance figures  :oops:  :0  :0

QptZUK_CPV_GoKarts_SM?hash=item310095764130&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1121%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F1-250-....%3A1318

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Cheers Mr C, will do that. Just saw

tZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET?hash=item270306278147&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1345%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318" target="_blank">these and wasn't sure whether I needed 1 pair or 2 pairs.

EDIT: ooops, there just tops.

cheers to jeff for a blast on his kart and bob for the offer of a go on his. Was a tad gutted that kart had gone.

I would argue comparing it to what hes bought today its like comparing a robin hood to a Ca terham in terms of engineering  :oops:

Harv.. would i be right in thinking the cold temps today would effect my 6 stone boy considerably more than it effected me at double (and a bit ) his weight  :suspect:  :suspect: just analising his preformance as his brother didnt seem quite so effected on a cadet kart with much skinnier tyres :suspect:  :suspect: we increased pressures but it didnt seem to help him  much :suspect: or was he just s***e today and needs a dose of the slipper and early bed  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  

(competive dad) :D  :D

yes jeff i suspect he wasn't working the kart hard enough to produce the heat required ,temp gum would have shown .

yes pete that is a bar that is inserted/removed to stiffen the chassis , your starting to see how many there are and what effect they have .

Is it time to mention the 3 different stifnesses of rear axle and the major effect they have ???

ah 40 or 50mm now there is a debate , fashion says you need a 50mm but cold weather or damp conditions seem to favour a 40mm , its a tough call on that one .

axel stiffness same for 40 and 50mm axles there is soft medium and hard , most will have the medium fitted , its sometimes not easy to tell what they are but they should be marked either with a colour marker or a letter to denote which ....

we can often find a hard axle with soft chassis settings works well in the wet , but to be fair its not possible to swap axles unless you have time , however at some events we can scrutineer 2 chassis as well as more than 1 engine .

you also need to look at chassis tubing , some are thicker some are thinner and some are mixed , its oh so tricky to find something that suits your style .....

and fashion isn't always quickest , though you'll always find a huge number of chassis from the tonykart stable on the grid ( tony kosmic, redspeed, alonso ,etc etc all from the same factory)

mmmm, thought mine was a 50mm axle tbh, I'm pretty sure the scrap is. Someone's had a 40mm, cant remember who's, will have a look at both mine today.

Scott, shame about that kart, I have one for sale. Excellent condition, needs a little tlc, £700. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

shame about that kart, I have one for sale. Excellent condition, needs a little tlc, £700. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

now who is Mr Crabbs  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :oops:

mmmm, thought mine was a 50mm axle tbh, I'm pretty sure the scrap is. Someone's had a 40mm, cant remember who's, will have a look at both mine today.

Scott, shame about that kart, I have one for sale. Excellent condition, needs a little tlc, £700. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Pete, Marks is definately 40mm, when he bust his wheel nuts last wek I lent him one of my ends but it did not fit as my axle is 50mm. Pretty sure yours is the same as Marks.

Probably does, I just seem to remember the guy who sold me it saying he'd swapped it from a 40mm to a 50mm.

I think the scrap has a 50mm as apparently the axle wont fit in that other chassis.