karts

JeffC

Don't think i will make Saturday so will not both this weekend weather does not look godd for either day :down:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

Be next weekend for me too.

Been spending some dosh on "The Nail"  :t-up:  :t-up:  :love:  :t-up:

Sounds like most people are giving this one a miss, think I'll stick to the plan and go get the scrap on saturday, then I have all day sunday to play around with it or even give it a test. :devil:

well yer are all a bunch of puffs  :laugh: bit of cowld weather never harmed anyone  ;)  :bangshead:  :suspect:

karts all checked  over / trailer loaded and ready to go  :t-up:  :t-up:

well yer are all a bunch of puffs

Day/Night on the lash wins I'm afraid :p

Any crack gents, looks like you had a belting day for it! :t-up:

We have the scrap home, she's in the garage ready for tinkering. We've had the engine started, runs sweet as a nut considering it aint been started in a year and the fuel has been in there since then.

Needs a few bits and pieces but I think I'll get it running on this engine ready for next weekend and then get it round teesside to see what the chassis does. It wont look pretty but if all is well chassis wise I'll get her stripped down and start making it look pretty.

Bought a GX390 clutch last night, nicked it at £62, but not sure if a 390 will fit on, supposedly a lot bigger (suppose it should be really) so might be a struggle, still tempted to have a go though. :D

cracking day, was cold but dry  :t-up:  :t-up:

I only had a few laps just to show the boys who the daddy was  ;)  but in Fairness Bob was flying this morning 1st thing  :t-up: we had a good battle and was nowt in it, I times bob at 50.4  :t-up:

next week with Pete on the scene I reckon  it will be very very close between us all   :oops:

I let the boy on the kart most the day, and we had 2 1.5 hour sessions, dunno how he can stay out for so long  :oops:  he was Mr consistant, set away at 54secs and eventually kept it in the 52s, he is still backing off in the 2 big corners which was annoying as it was the only place he was slow  :bangshead:

thinking about it though it was only 1degree today and he is only 6 stone so Im wondering if he is having grip problems, when we swapped over he had been out 30minutes and first few corners for me was very little grip  :0  :0  :0

IMG_3518.jpg

debut of little uns kart with its new engine and centre tank  and it performed really well , after a weeks tuition on the racing line he was going much better , he was consistant at 55seconds and managed a 54.9  :t-up:  :t-up: had a go in it myself only managed 2 laps though, b****y thing flies out the corners  :D  :D

IMG_3511.jpg

and debut of the new trailer stickers  :D

IMG_3521.jpg

Yes, looking forward to next week, reckon wee mark will probably be on the pace by then aswell, so should be a good scrap!

Talking of scrap, here she is, project scrap 2008:

1-9.jpg

A few things to address however before getting it near a track.

The engine, runs sweet, but is mounted, er, "interestingly":

5-5.jpg

So I'll get some mounts and do it properley, however this leads onto this problem:

4-6.jpg

If I move to where the engine is supposed to be, the chain will foul the seat mount. Does anyone know, can you just bend the seat bars towards the left so they're out the way? They looked bent over to the right, more so than my birel.

The rear caliper is also mounted, er, "very interestingly!"

6-3.jpg

I can see how its supposed to be mounted, but will look a bit gash either way, so got some nice galv to do a tidy job.

Speaking of the brakes, it seems to have a double master cylinder which pipes up seperatly to each piston on the caliper, unlike the single cylinder T piece arrangement on the birel. Is this  advantagous or worse? :suspect: Cant imagine it would give any advantage to be honest.

Anyway, can anyone work out what the chassis is, I  thought it was either a corsa or a swiss hutless until I noticed a mount for another bar here:

3-7.jpg

Pete what have you bought ,, good luck sorting that out ;)  :devil:  :laugh:

as for me being on the pace next weekend well the new tyres come Monday,so I'll test out that bead breaker I have and get them fitted ready for next week

and BTL also gave me a few pointers as well ,my front wheel bearings were dragging a bit so I have had them soaking over night . They are as free as a bird now cheers Bob every little helps :cool:  :t-up:

Looked like was a decent day did you not have snow?

We did and still do i thought it would have been worse out in the sticks?

Pete what have you bought ,, good luck sorting that out ;)  :devil:  :laugh:

as for me being on the pace next weekend well the new tyres come Monday,so I'll test out that bead breaker I have and get them fitted ready for next week

and BTL also gave me a few pointers as well ,my front wheel bearings were dragging a bit so I have had them soaking over night . They are as free as a bird now cheers Bob every little helps :cool:  :t-up:

Its a project!

and a half! :D  :D  :D

track was bone dry all day  :t-up:  :t-up:

Pete that looks a candidate for breaking for bits, wouldnt even go down that road of putting that on a track  :0  :0

If you wanna good starting chassis to work with  we can sell you a complete Tonykart rolling chassis with everything bar engine( or can sell you an engine too )  

Its a very trick chassis with 50mm axle daddy breaking system and its got better/tricker bits on it than anything any of us own , just crying out for a 4 stroker ;)

unles its an 07 or newer the brake is pants , i hated my 06 ,never got on with it  and hated the brake .

and its got enough adjustments to really get him in a pickle.

track was bone dry all day  :t-up:  :t-up:

Pete that looks a candidate for breaking for bits, wouldnt even go down that road of putting that on a track  :0  :0

If you wanna good starting chassis to work with  we can sell you a complete Tonykart rolling chassis with everything bar engine( or can sell you an engine too )  

Its a very trick chassis with 50mm axle daddy breaking system and its got better/tricker bits on it than anything any of us own , just crying out for a 4 stroker ;)

Dont fear the scrap heap challenge mobile do you! :p  :laugh:  :p

Its just for a laff and a mess about.