• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Jeff

looks like i need to find another second for the pro karts hopefully a change in gearing will help

Ross

couldnt get my lap timer to pick up for some reason  :bangshead:  :bangshead: shame as Im pretty sure when me and Pierre were on it we would be in the late 49s  :oops:

I AM LEGAL!

Just.

Over the moon I am, I thought I was under, but I'm about bang on, could probably do with 0.5 kilo to just be safe as if I take the camera off, I'm not legal! :D  or at least horrendously close if I have a tad more fuel in.

I practically ran my kart dry on sunday, it was surging on the last session and there's only a trickle left in the bottom, so I thought it twas the ideal time to weigh it.

So pinched Jeff's scales of lies!

Weighed myself 1st ,all suited up with everything I wore on sunday pretty much. 73.5 over 3 readings. I thought I'd put on weight, only a kilo mind, plus my suit is padded so possibly heavier than the other one.

I got 3 readings on the kart, 88.9, 88.2 and 88.2. So I think its 88.2. So that takes me to 161.7. But the camera weighs 0.7 kg so I'm at 162.4! Yeeeeha!

BTW, how much petrol do our tanks hold roughly?

Right just checked my gearing tonight and am running to tooth pinnion with a 72 sprocket which is perfect for the small track however i don't get any where near rev limiter on big track how many teeth should i go up 2 or 4? :durr:

No need to be bitter Mr C.

I'll just change some of your lyrics:

"I am just perfect"

"no more ballast for me"

"because I pass jeff high, pass jeff low

"he can't win, he's to slow"

"Anything that jeff sais, doesn't really matter"

"to me........to me"

"Mama, just weighed myself"

"I've reached the perfect weight"

"to the disbelief of my mate"

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :p  :p  :p

Right just checked my gearing tonight and am running to tooth pinnion with a 72 sprocket which is perfect for the small track however i don't get any where near rev limiter on big track how many teeth should i go up 2 or 4? :durr:

need to know what front sprocket you have as there are available in 10/12/18 / 19 / 20 etc

dippy runs a 20/72.

the bairns kart started with a 19/70 swapped to a 72 then 74 , his times came down each swap, reckon a 76 will be spot on but need a rev counter to see..

you need to rev out 3/4 down the straights to be right i reckon, my kart hits the limiter down the back straight, into the bus stop and through the s"ss , im going 2 teeth lower which should be spot on  :t-up:

No need to be bitter Mr C.

I'll just change some of your lyrics:

"I am just perfect"

"no more ballast for me"

"because I pass jeff high, pass jeff low

"he can't win, he's to slow"

"Anything that jeff sais, doesn't really matter"

"to me........to me"

"Mama, just weighed myself"

"I've reached the perfect weight"

"to the disbelief of my mate"

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :p  :p  :p

you crank  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

hey what happened to dippys song , he is now unemployed so has had all day to work on it  so am expecting something good :oops:

need to know what front sprocket you have as there are available in 10/12/18 / 19 / 20 etc

dippy runs a 20/72.

the bairns kart started with a 19/70 swapped to a 72 then 74 , his times came down each swap, reckon a 76 will be spot on but need a rev counter to see..

you need to rev out 3/4 down the straights to be right i reckon, my kart hits the limiter down the back straight, into the bus stop and through the s"ss , im going 2 teeth lower which should be spot on  :t-up:

Sorry didn't check my post 20 tooth pinnion on the front so same as dippy however i am nearly 4 stone heavier than him :angry:  :down:

I AM LEGAL!

Just.

Over the moon I am, I thought I was under, but I'm about bang on, could probably do with 0.5 kilo to just be safe as if I take the camera off, I'm not legal! :D  or at least horrendously close if I have a tad more fuel in.

I practically ran my kart dry on sunday, it was surging on the last session and there's only a trickle left in the bottom, so I thought it twas the ideal time to weigh it.

So pinched Jeff's scales of lies!

Weighed myself 1st ,all suited up with everything I wore on sunday pretty much. 73.5 over 3 readings. I thought I'd put on weight, only a kilo mind, plus my suit is padded so possibly heavier than the other one.

I got 3 readings on the kart, 88.9, 88.2 and 88.2. So I think its 88.2. So that takes me to 161.7. But the camera weighs 0.7 kg so I'm at 162.4! Yeeeeha!

BTW, how much petrol do our tanks hold roughly?

must finish a race with 1 litre of fuel in the tank also  !!

How much does a litre of fuel weigh and how much do our tanks take?

I was running half a tank most of the day apart from the last session where I ran it dry. Made a big difference hauling it in. Was one of the reasons I wanted to weigh it, felt a lot lighter without any juice in it.

0.7kg's according to this. I reckon our tanks will hold a s**t load as well looking at my litre measuring glass.

was gonna pop over to warden law track this mornin but the kart shop was closed. wheres pro sport at pete.