karts

JeffC

oooh that was an expensive morning, just ordered a brand new Honda engine, sprockets, clutch, chain , all pipes and cables for little uns Kart £276 the lot  :laugh:  :xmas:  :xmas:

despite a couple of early teething problems  :oops: was well impressed with the conversion yesterday, found him a lot of time and reckon a lot more to come  , with all new parts should be reliable and give me more time to tinker with my kart  :D:t-up:

Aye, both Cooper jnrs were going very well yesterday, they must take after their Ma!  ;)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

oooh that was an expensive morning, just ordered a brand new Honda engine, sprockets, clutch, chain , all pipes and cables for little uns Kart £276 the lot  :laugh:  :xmas:  :xmas:

despite a couple of early teething problems  :oops: was well impressed with the conversion yesterday, found him a lot of time and reckon a lot more to come  , with all new parts should be reliable and give me more time to tinker with my kart  :D:t-up:

Aye, both Cooper jnrs were going very well yesterday, they must take after their Ma!  ;)

ooooooooh you b***h  :laugh:  :down:

If people are buying new bridgestone slicks, I think I'd be up for a set, mine are probably done now.

Not sure I'm gonna bother entering this race like, I dont think were "there" yet, although I spose its just harmless fun.

Harv, I think Jeff's on about doing the one on saturday the 6th December, could be wrong.

Here's a pic of the Cooper jnrs, .....taking after their Ma...  :D  :D

DSCF4458s.jpg

jeff when you racing ?

and can we get you into a rotax max at some point ?

gonna be doing the race on 6th December , will prob stick one of the kids in the race too if they keep improving as they are :t-up:

dunno on the Rotax thing, happy to plod on with the world formula at the mo, think If I did go up would prob get a biland twin cylinder jobbie   :love:

Here's a pic of the Cooper jnrs, .....taking after their Ma...  :D  :D

DSCF4458s.jpg

thinking about it they do take after Ma, she doesnt listen to a word I say either  :bangshead:  :laugh:  :oops:

Just looking at times here:

Best world formula:

Feb       - 50.529

Mar       - 48.753

April      - No World Formula's

May       - 48.942

June      - 48.968

July        - 50.552, possibly dampish

Aug        - 49.446

Sept       - 49.642

October  - 49.829

Nov         - No world formula's.

I dont think were that far off, dippy was doing low 51's I think and I reckon I was a bit over a second a lap quicker, possibly 2 seconds???.

Pete I don't think you or Jeff would be far from the front runners at Teesside  but remember you will be up against people willing to sell there souls to find an extra tenth of a sec :suspect:

bit off topic has anyone found something to remove tyre stains from the body work of the kart

I have used every house hold cleaner, flash vanish even raw bleach nothing shifts it  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Pete I don't think you or Jeff would be far from the front runners at Teesside  but remember you will be up against people willing to sell there souls to find an extra tenth of a sec :suspect:

bit off topic has anyone found something to remove tyre stains from the body work of the kart

I have used every house hold cleaner, flash vanish even raw bleach nothing shifts it  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Have you tried this method?  :laugh:

Mark, Some brake cleaner or chewing gum remover will remove tyre stains normally.

thinners or panel wipe ..... failing that new bodywork in black .

one race and you should see the state of mine , go through sets all the time , ,you should see the chunks from the edges of my brand new rims my wets are on , far from pristine

Just looking at times here:

Best world formula:

Feb       - 50.529

Mar       - 48.753

April      - No World Formula's

May       - 48.942

June      - 48.968

July        - 50.552, possibly dampish

Aug        - 49.446

Sept       - 49.642

October  - 49.829

Nov         - No world formula's.

I dont think were that far off, dippy was doing low 51's I think and I reckon I was a bit over a second a lap quicker, possibly 2 seconds???.

Pete,

Where did you ge those times from and what sort of times do pro karts do?

Just interested will not be entering any race bought for fun only

Ross